I've always liked herman's tone on the dragonforce albums, but ive never managed to pick it up myself. I only have an ibanez GAX30 with humbuckers, and just need a rough guess on what his amp settings are. any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Just try some random fingering at lightning speed. Should sound like him.

To be serious...you won't get a similar tone with your gear. You have to boost the mids and the highs, there's not too much bass in his sound. But these things won't make you sound like him.
Quote by Gyoung1991
Buy an NES

Rofl XD knew some joker would put a video game gag in here.
Actually Li's sound has a lot of bass, he is the bassier of the two (just listen to the rhythms during live solos)

You'll need hot pickups, DiMarzio EVOs are always good for lead tones, and some Laney amp, I don't what model(s) he's got, try checking the DF official site?

Also, he uses a lot of effects in his leads, whammy (the pedal kind), wah and various others... You don't need those for his TONE, but to sound like him overall.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
I thought he was playing Laney's and VHT's. i also remember reading something about the AxeFX
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era