Okay, so yesterday I get a call from my girlfriend and the first thing she says after a bit of silence is "I don't live in Joplin anymore." After digging through the story it turns out her dad just randomly decided to kick her out. Which, as odd as it seems, I would be more surprised if he had a reason than not. Anyway, now she's living in Oklahoma with her mom. The hope is that she'll get to come back to Joplin, but she doesn't want to live with her dad. So, the plan is emancipation, which we're both really unclear on. The main question is, in order for her to be emancipated, does she have to live in Missouri FOR 90 days or does she have to have lived in Missouri WITHIN 90 days of her emancipation request being filed? She turns seventeen in just over 90 days, so if it's within, I'm thinking it'd be best to try and live with her dad for a few days before the 90 days mark, so she'd still be eligible for emancipation in Missouri. If anybody can help with this it'd be the biggest favor ever.
I can take the trouble, 'Cause I'm sixty feet tall.
Quote by Schmeg Junior
Okay, so yesterday I get a call from my girlfriend and the first thing she says after a bit of silence is "I don't live in Joplin anymore." After digging through the story it turns out her dad just randomly decided to kick her out. Which, as odd as it seems, I would be more surprised if he had a reason than not. Anyway, now she's living in Oklahoma with her mom. The hope is that she'll get to come back to Joplin, but she doesn't want to live with her dad. So, the plan is emancipation, which we're both really unclear on. The main question is, in order for her to be emancipated, does she have to live in Missouri FOR 90 days or does she have to have lived in Missouri WITHIN 90 days of her emancipation request being filed? She turns seventeen in just over 90 days, so if it's within, I'm thinking it'd be best to try and live with her dad for a few days before the 90 days mark, so she'd still be eligible for emancipation in Missouri. If anybody can help with this it'd be the biggest favor ever.

Contact a lawyer.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by JeanMi36
Contact a lawyer.

Money, bro. That's an issue.
Try google TS, you will get a lot more than you will from this thread.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Schmeg Junior

No legal aid available for people with low income?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Schmeg Junior

You do realize that you can give a lawyer like $10 for advice, right? You dont have to ask him to fill out all the paperwork and shit, too. Shit, you might even be able to get advice for free over the phone if you call the right people.

Srsly, she will need legal assistance in some way if she is serious about getting emancipated. Calling a lawyer and talking to them wont hurt.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by JeanMi36
No legal aid available for people with low income?

low>no. I'm between jobs. And she obviously had to quit her's.
Quote by Schmeg Junior
low>no. I'm between jobs. And she obviously had to quit her's.

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75206
http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41915
http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6874
Google is teh br00thulz
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
You said she's currently living with her mom, could she help if you needed some money? Same with your family?

Definitely talk to someone with legal experience.
Quote by __Pent__
You said she's currently living with her mom, could she help if you needed some money? Same with your family?

Definitely talk to someone with legal experience.

Your longcation took up more space than your post+sig.

But srsly TS, a phonebook, an hour on the phone, and you will probably have the information from someone who has experience. The internet is not something to trust regarding the law.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
You know there are lawyers that will give advice from FREE out there? Grab a phone book and search!
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
go to the state bar website for missouri, that should actually be step one in locating a lawyer because they only list bar certified lawyers so you know youre not gonna get scammed.

www.mobar.org

then click on find a lawyer. emancipation lawyer would be under family law.

just some food for thought, TS, if your GF is a minor, then the parent is legally responsible for her, the father can be indicted for child abandonment if he really did kick her out.
Quote by misterfarenheit
go to the state bar website for missouri, that should actually be step one in locating a lawyer because they only list bar certified lawyers so you know youre not gonna get scammed.

www.mobar.org

then click on find a lawyer. emancipation lawyer would be under family law.

just some food for thought, TS, if your GF is a minor, then the parent is legally responsible for her, the father can be indicted for child abandonment if he really did kick her out.

Yeah, but if we get him on that, she stays with her mom. So, a no go there.