Hey,

So was tuning my Strat up just (a MIM 50's Strat) and from, it seemed, the inside of the bridge by the saddles, there was a noise like rice in a tube? I then dipped the trem a bit, noise went.

I imagine it's the springs or something, just want to check it's not an underlying problem.
Quote by DeadlySurfer
Hey,

So was tuning my Strat up just (a MIM 50's Strat) and from, it seemed, the inside of the bridge by the saddles, there was a noise like rice in a tube? I then dipped the trem a bit, noise went.

I imagine it's the springs or something, just want to check it's not an underlying problem.

Saddles are free to rattle and move around when they don't have any string tension on them. That could be what you heard, it could also have been the springs vibrating around a bit. You should be fine.
Alright, thanks man. I know it seemed a bit of a stupid question, just didn't want anything to ruin the guit'
I'm thinking the sound you heard was the windings on the bass strings catching on something in the saddle and popping off. It's nothing to worry about and it's not going to ruin anything, it's just something that happens haha
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]