So I just came across a link for this pedal on my facebook news feed (EHX is on my friends list) and watched the review, and damn this pedal sounds good. It has 2 separate stackable sides, OD and distortion.

Do you think it'd be worth selling my TS9DX and my Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker and getting one of these? It'd get me a few $$$ and clear some space on my pedalboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByzOAJsrPCY

That's the pedal.

(I also have a BOSS SD1 I was thinking of modding to TS9 specs... I can't sell this one, the person who bought it for me would kill me)
Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Aug 16, 2010,
I'm not sure it'd make much space for you - have you seen the size of it? I personally would say no, but if you think it's the right sound for you then go for it! Go try it out in a shop first though.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
None of the shops here have it, that's why I'm asking you guys lol

It is pretty big, but I still think it'd be smaller than having both my Big Muff and TS9DX there, and frees up a spot on my daisy chain.
I saw this the other day, although it sounds nothing like a Big Muff, so I'm not sure why they branded it that. But it still sounds awsome in a completly different way in my opinion, I love the way that it's stackable too. Those size EHx pedals arn't as big as they look like they are on the screen, they're about one and half times the size of your BM w/Tone Wicker.

I'm thinking of getting one.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I heard it getting some pretty epic 'fuzzy', Muse-ish sort of tones on that demo, the overdrive seems nice and seems like it gets a nice distortion tone too from that and another review I seen... it looks really good, and for the price... I'm basically waiting for someone to come along and burst my bubble and say what's wrong with it.
Well yeah, I havn't watched that demo yet, watched other ones though. Muse fuzz is nothing like a Big Muff though is it...

To be honest EHx have always had really good value for money, I bought the Bass Muff for £59, best pedal I've ever bought.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
If you like it, buy it. Just be aware that it’s a weird distortion pedal, not a fuzz pedal, and won’t get you the vintage fuzz tone that a Big Muff does.
I've yet to come across a germanium pedal or pre that hasn't sounded awesome (yet I don't run one in my rig...?). it's a great way to bring out clarity with your highs while still remaining "heavy" or saturated, and it doesn't affect your dynamics the way a compressor would.

If you like the germanium sound I'd say check out some others as well, but the way those stacked in the demo sounded pretty cool to me (dist side only seemed kinda thin, OD was ok).

http://www.bluessaraceno.com/pedals.html

http://www.amazon.com/Tortuga-Effects-Sasquatch-Germanium-Effect/dp/B002C14XOE

a lot of germanium pedals are treble boosters, like the keeley java, an old rangmaster, etc. here's another that's a pretty good clone of the Dallas RM:

http://www.hartmanelectronicstore.com/Vintage-Germanium-Treble-Boost-VGB.htm
I totally love mine, I use the overdrive mostly just to give a light clean sort of growl.
If you'd read the OP, you'd know that I already have the Tone Wicker Big Muff, and that this thread is 4 months old.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
If you'd read the OP, you'd know that I already have the Tone Wicker Big Muff, and that this thread is 4 months old.

Oops, looks like that was my fault. I swear it was on the front page when I replied!