Anyone have experience with this????

Was interested in buying one. We need an interface either way, but I really liked all the guitar tone options from the plugin it comes with.

Is this a decent interface and worth the money?
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
It is a very good interface for the money and very easy to set up and use. It is quite limited if you are recording stuff other than guitars but if it's only guitar they're great I own one myself

EDIT: I read it as UX2 I have used the UX8 at a store and functionally it's identical to the UX2 and is just as easy to use, but for that price range there are others that you can also consider. What will you be recording? What's your current setup?
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Aug 16, 2010,
I've got the most basic Toneport unit (I forget the exact model name, GX maybe?) and yeah, for the price it's a pretty slick unit. Just keep in mind, like the above post said, you're limited to guitar, basically. Tried using a mic and it didn't turn out so hot.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
It is a very good interface for the money and very easy to set up and use. It is quite limited if you are recording stuff other than guitars but if it's only guitar they're great I own one myself

EDIT: I read it as UX2 I have used the UX8 at a store and functionally it's identical to the UX2 and is just as easy to use, but for that price range there are others that you can also consider. What will you be recording? What's your current setup?

Eh that doesnt sound too great. We want to self produce cd. Pay someone else to master until we get to that point.

But we have recording program on pc. Wanted to track everything. 8 drum mics
Then go back, record 2 guitars, bass and vocals.

Not just guitars. But what caught my eye on this was the plugin that comes with it. Has some killer guitar tones.

What else would you recommend????
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
All the really good guitar tones in POD Farm are in the model packs IMO. The Metal pack sounds awesome if you set it up right, but the tones are somewhat limited with the standard version you get with the TonePorts (they will require A LOT of tweaking to get something you like).

However, if you're planning on having a studio mix them and you just track the stuff, so it's cheaper. You can give the DI tracks to the studio and have them reamp it back through your 6505+, or an amp they have there, by running POD Farm as a plugin on your recording software, instead of as the standalone version (ie: you record your guitar's "clean" signal, and you're able to change your settings after you've recorded them to your heart's content). If you're not going to do that, I'd suggest you just mic your own amp unless you plan to spend the $50 or whatever it is on the metal pack, because your amp is going to sound much better (and probably better than the metal pack if you do your micing right).

For the price of a UX8 though, I'd take a look at more options. The Presonus Firepod can be had for less on the used market and has much better mic preamps. You will get a more professional sound out of it, for cheaper - it also has 8 mic inputs and you can daisy chain another for 8 more inputs. It doesn't come with POD Farm, but you can get by with free VST amp modelers that LePou, Nick Crowe, AcmeBarGig, etc. make - they are just as good, if not better than the standard version of POD Farm, and are free.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 16, 2010,
As Matrix said, you can record your tracks DI and reamp them later which gives you heaps of options but if you want an interface for your needs i'd recommend a PreSonus Firestudio