Page 1 of 3
Does anybody else know some singers who's voices got better as they aged?

I personally think that Dave Mustaine sings much better now than he used to. His vocals on Endgame sound a lot better than his vocals on Peace Sells.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Tobias Sammet. He definitely wasn't bad originally, but by Hellfire Club his voice was legendary.

EDIT:
Quote by truiteleague
James Labrie

You're kidding, right? I know he's definitely been getting better recently, but he still isn't back up to the amazingness of Images and Words-era LaBrie.
Last edited by The Kush at Aug 16, 2010,
john mayer
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
Despite popular opinion, I think that James Hetfields vocals now are better than they were in the eighties.

Also, Triviums vocals have gotten far better. The difference between Shogun (which they got singing lessons for) and their other albums is extraordinary.
Tony Kakko
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Geddy Lee

1974-1983 = PIERCING ICE-PICK HIGHS

1984-1990s = Not so bad but still pretty high

2002-Present = FUCK YEAH AWESOME
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Chuck Billy!
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by Primus2112
Geddy Lee

1974-1983 = PIERCING ICE-PICK HIGHS

1984-1990s = Not so bad but still pretty high

2002-Present = FUCK YEAH AWESOME

+1
Quote by hendrix_128
because its hot when two girls have sex. when two guys have sex, its ****ing gay.
Rody Walker - The difference in his voice between A calculated use of sounds and Kezia and Fortress is RIDICULOUS. He's amazing now, whereas back then he was all terrible and whiney.

Claudio Sanchez - What he's lost in range, he's gained in finesse and style.
Quote by robhc
Despite popular opinion, I think that James Hetfields vocals now are better than they were in the eighties.

Also, Triviums vocals have gotten far better. The difference between Shogun (which they got singing lessons for) and their other albums is extraordinary.

+1. while his thrash screaming was awesome in the eighties, his voice now is much better, and much more versatile, especially in load and reload.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
James Hetfield's is on a roller coaster. It started off OK on Kill and Ride, then Got progressively better up until the end of black album, then went seriously downhill and weird after he ****ed it. And its now starting to recover again..
Axl Rose.

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Mathew Charles Sanders (A7X). Yes, they are a little overrated nowadays, but they have gotten better at singing since Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, which has almost no actual singing on it whatsoever.
Justin Bieber.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by TheBurningFish
Axl Rose.

i actually agree lol. he's a better live singer now than back in the day
Quote by Deece
James Hetfield's is on a roller coaster. It started off OK on Kill and Ride, then Got progressively better up until the end of black album, then went seriously downhill and weird after he ****ed it. And its now starting to recover again..

You really think he was a better singer on 'Kill 'Em All' than on 'Load'? As much as I enjoy the early Metallica albums, I think Hetfield's voice is atrocious on KEA and RTL.
It's a screechy mess, especially compared to the vocals on a track like 'Mama Said' for example.

I think I have to send a nod towards Hansi Kursch as my nomination to this thread. In the early days he sounded so incredibly amateur as a singer with a lot of cringe-worthy moments. Now he is the proud owner of my favourite voice in music.

EDIT : Also agree with Matt Heafy
Last edited by Badass UltraMan at Aug 16, 2010,
Quote by sticksause

Wait, what?
Have to agree with Claudio Sanchez and Trivium.
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
Quote by sticksause

I might not quite stretch that far, but he's not far from it. Was bloody awful 8 years ago though.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by The Kush
Tobias Sammet. He definitely wasn't bad originally, but by Hellfire Club his voice was legendary.

EDIT:

You're kidding, right? I know he's definitely been getting better recently, but he still isn't back up to the amazingness of Images and Words-era LaBrie.

Definately. Sammet has much better texture and depth and phrasing nowadays, still with a huge range. His vocals on the two recent Avantasia albums are stellar.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Gonna have to agree with Anthony Kiedis, though I was never a huge fan of his style. He's more understandable now, though.

Also, the lead singer from Between The Buried And Me. Their first album was basically just death metal growls, but I think he's developed a good and unique screaming style, although few people seem to agree with me. His clean vocals are also perfect
Though Axl sounds better nowadays than he did in 1991-1992. Not as good as he did in 1987-1988, or 1993, but pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTlrgFwfZ1s

Nightrain from Tokyo in December. First verse an octave higher than the original version from 1988.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by leg end
Wait, what?

He's always been hit or miss live, even on the UYI tour. On the good nights he definitely still blows you away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-QZJsf-hXI

There's also a 2009 bootleg where he sings the verse in Nightrain an octave higher than normal just for the hell of it, or something like that. He's 48 too.

EDIT:

Quote by Demon Wolf
Though Axl sounds better nowadays than he did in 1991-1992. Not as good as he did in 1987-1988, or 1993, but pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTlrgFwfZ1s

Nightrain from Tokyo in December. First verse an octave higher than the original version from 1988.

Yeah that's it
Page 1 of 3