I've been offered a 3 channel Triple Rectifier for my Orange Rocker 30. I like the Orange but I play ska/punk and the Recto is clearly a better fit. It's also worth more than the R30. my only issue is I have an Orange 2x12 and I'm afraid the Triple Recto would blow the speakers really quickly. Do all Triple Rectos have the 150-->50 power switch? The seller says this one doesn't, but I can't tell from the picture.

I don't really want to go find a new cab so I dunno what to do. Any ideas are helpful.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Aug 16, 2010,
What speakers are in the orange? Unless you are going to crank the amp i wouldn't be to worried.
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
That gives you about 120 watts to play with, i wouldn't be to worried. I say: go for it!
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
I actually think it's 130 watts. So yeah TS, I doubt you need a new cab. You'd probably never need to turn your master volume up high enough to blow the speakers, ever.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
I actually think it's 130 watts. So yeah TS, I doubt you need a new cab. You'd probably never need to turn your master volume up high enough to blow the speakers, ever.

Unless you want to blow your eardrums as well. But that's entirely up to you
I have a huge fear if rays.
indeed
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Interesting that you'd say the Recto would be better for Ska/Punk. You must be playing a heavier kind of punk than I'm thinking of

I dunno tbh, I guess the Triple could potentially be worth more, but unless you want to wait forever for a buyer, they're both worth about equal. The 3 channels sound gross to me, I'd personally rather have the Orange, but if you like it, go for it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Interesting that you'd say the Recto would be better for Ska/Punk. You must be playing a heavier kind of punk than I'm thinking of

I dunno tbh, I guess the Triple could potentially be worth more, but unless you want to wait forever for a buyer, they're both worth about equal. The 3 channels sound gross to me, I'd personally rather have the Orange, but if you like it, go for it

I love the Orange, but we're doing a ska-core thing lately and the Orange just doesn't have the low end or the crystal cleans I need. If I was in a straight up punk band I think the Orange would be perfect.