In my opinion it's not really that good. I'm a big fan of the old stuff like Gish, SD and MCIS, and a couple songs from adore and the machinas. But i don't know about the new stuff. I tried to like the zeitgeist but i couldn't. All the new free songs aren't that great either.

So what's your opinion?
Last edited by andrewjp123 at Aug 17, 2010,
I haven't heard the whole Zeitgeist but I dig the songs I've heard. Also I like the new songs. I think they're as good as "classic" Pumpkins material, just different.
I love Freak.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Well, for starters I think you need to take it to the Smashing Pumpkins thread. And second, I think Zeitgeist sucked, but his new songs that are being released on the internet are really good.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I didn't like Zeitgeist but I am really enjoying the Teargarden By Kaleidyscope, Stitch in Time and Freak particularly may not be as good as Gish era stuff but still really cool.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Last edited by Mithaearon at Aug 17, 2010,
Their new singles are pretty cool, very different. Sounds like a Psychedelic Smashing Pumpkins.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I can't download songs from their site for some reason. I've not heard Tom Tom or The Fellowship yet.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
This almost pertains to the original question. What does everyone think about the way he sings now? I'm not sure. It works with songs influenced by Zwan and the Future Embrace, but with songs that sound similar to his older songs....idk. Remember the different ways Corgan sang? On the first albums, it was more normal. On the heavier songs he sort of had a grungey "yarl". On the softer dreamier songs, it was really soft, and kind of androgynous. Then in Mellon Collie, it got really screechy, and angrier...then after, and before they split up, he got way more nasally. I enjoyed all of those though. Not so much the way he sings now
How would I, or anyone sum up rock music?

.......Chuck Berry.

....I think I just ripped off a John Lennon quote
Quote by ZomBrad
This almost pertains to the original question. What does everyone think about the way he sings now? I'm not sure. It works with songs influenced by Zwan and the Future Embrace, but with songs that sound similar to his older songs....idk. Remember the different ways Corgan sang? On the first albums, it was more normal. On the heavier songs he sort of had a grungey "yarl". On the softer dreamier songs, it was really soft, and kind of androgynous. Then in Mellon Collie, it got really screechy, and angrier...then after, and before they split up, he got way more nasally. I enjoyed all of those though. Not so much the way he sings now

Let's clarify something here. He never had a grungey voice. He had a voice that sounded like an ostrich in a thresher. And I always said, "He should really do something about that." And then he did. And I was like... He should go back. It sounds much better with those songs.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.