Yes i know that trading in guitars at GC is a ****ing rip-off, but unless i get someone to buy what im selling i have no choice

Im about to go to college, and i dont really want to bring anything i have except my Gibson SG Faded Special. Im in a triple and i dont even know if ill have a locker to keep my guitar in.

Its really a piece of crap. Thats why im willing to jus give it to GC and get a strat or something

So my question is how much do you guys think GC will give me?

BTW eBay isnt much of an option. Im trying to sell it for 400-500 in my area but thats not looking to good. Its currently selling for 700 at gc (American Dollars)
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
What's wrong with eBay? I sold mine on there for a lot more than I would have got for it in a trade in.
I'm sure someone on here will want a cheap Gibson - put an ad up
^^Im going to college in a couple of weeks. In that time i have alot to do. I dont want to have a guitar be up on ebay and at the last minute go to guitar center, buy a guitar, get it set up, and be worried about cutting it close.

Yeah ive been talkin to people in my area but im not gettin much sales. Music around heres not too big
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
They sell those by the assload at GC so be prepared to take less than half of what you paid for. They'll probably offer you between 200-300 bucks. If you can live with that loss, cool. But that's a decent loss of profit and if I were you I would just let a friend sell it for you if you can't sell it by the time you get to college. Otherwise, you've just thrown out like 500 bucks on a guitar that you shouldn't have bought in the first place if it was 'piece of crap'.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
take it to a local store or craigslist it. i sold my black sg special with a repaired headstock for $350. i'm pretty sure i only got that much because it said "Gibson" on the headstock don't get me wrong, it played alright. but if the right person finds it for cheap they'll want it. a brand name goes a long way with some people.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
my friend traded in that same guitar for $350 at GC. it really is a piece of crap.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
GC's trade in policy is a joke. They look up on Ebay what the guitar sells for used. Then they offer you half of that value. I've sold 2 amp heads (Kustom TRT-100 and a rough 5150) and a Traben bass (given to me as payment for a repair) to GC, all 3 trades they did that to me. It's more than a pawn shop will give you usually... but it still sucks
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Aug 16, 2010,
You know where there are lots of musicians with guitars they aren’t happy with? A college campus! Take your SG to school with you and once you get there you’ll probably find someone who wants to trade a Strat for it and you won’t have to spend extra money.
Quote by jpnyc
You know where there are lots of musicians with guitars they aren’t happy with? A college campus! Take your SG to school with you and once you get there you’ll probably find someone who wants to trade a Strat for it and you won’t have to spend extra money.

that.

or just list it on craiglist for $400-450, it would sell quick i bet depending on where you are. but GC isn't going to give you much for it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The guy at GC told me they buy things for half of what they sell used. So if they are gonna sell something for $500, they are gonna give you $250 for it.
Yeah, why don't you sell when you get to your college? Its not like you HAVE to sell it now really.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt