Right now I have a Greg Bennet/Samick? Avion av-7. It's a gorgeous guitar and I love playing it and all but my friend offered me 650 for it. It was 599 when I first got it, but i'm contemplating selling it to invest in a better setup since I'm being offered more money than I originally payed for it. The only problem is that i'm not entirely sure i'll be able to find something in that price range that I like as much. What would you guys do in this situation?
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
It's completely your choice. But if I had a guitar I loved, I wouldnt get rid of it.

EDIT: Wait....I have 3 guitars I love.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Aug 16, 2010,
Well, if you can find something better than sure. Go for it. Personally I would go for it just because I know there's better. But if you like the guitar keep it. If you were really smart, you'd take the money, buy another one for fractions cheaper and keep the difference in money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I figured there's better, the only real complaints I have with it is that it's a bit too bright for my taste and the lower frets are a little bit hard to reach. I'd rather have a single coil tone, but I still want something that can produce a fuller sound as well if i do sell it. I would just buy a strat, but I want something that's a little bit more versatile because I don't want to be limited to just a strat tone.
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Quote by justnmcknz
I figured there's better, the only real complaints I have with it is that it's a bit too bright for my taste and the lower frets are a little bit hard to reach. I'd rather have a single coil tone, but I still want something that can produce a fuller sound as well if i do sell it. I would just buy a strat, but I want something that's a little bit more versatile because I don't want to be limited to just a strat tone.

Strats are the most versatile guitars out there. Just because it's a stratocaster doesn't mean it's gotta have single coils.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've never tried a strat with a humbucker so I wasn't exactly sure if it was versatile or not. I'm not a big fan of the necks on strats either, i'd rather have something that's skinnier. Jumbo frets are another thing I'd like to have as well.
Quote by justnmcknz
I've never tried a strat with a humbucker so I wasn't exactly sure if it was versatile or not. I'm not a big fan of the necks on strats either, i'd rather have something that's skinnier. Jumbo frets are another thing I'd like to have as well.

Well forget about a PRS SE then. Those necks are bigger than a strat neck. Strats come in more than one profile. They have U C and V shape necks so it would be really hard for you to say ' I don't like a strat neck'. Plus, If you're that picky you can get a neck made.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
What would be the best option for a skinny strat neck? I've always liked strats so if I could find something with a slimmer profile and a humbucker in the neck I would definitely sell it.
Quote by justnmcknz
What would be the best option for a skinny strat neck? I've always liked strats so if I could find something with a slimmer profile and a humbucker in the neck I would definitely sell it.

You could check out an ESP Vintage Plus or maybe a G&L Tribute series. The '50s profile necks are a little beefy. Try out a Highway One or a normal MIM those necks might feel alright. You could also check out the Road Worn '60s guitar.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by justnmcknz

best option? ESP thin U, imo. It's (to me) a lot like a strat neck but thinner.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm probably going to sell it now, I'll have to make a trip to a guitar center and check out as much as possible. Do you guys have any recommendations for my specs? I just need a versatile guitar with a skinny neck and jumbo frets.
Some more metal oriented brands (ESP/LTD & Jackson & Ibanez) Offer all of their models in a similar thin U shape that you would probably like. As for FMI, you'll have to actually play the guitars to figure out what you like.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster