Like the title states, I need a new cab for my Peavey Valveking Head as the stock cab well, pretty much sucks. Any reccomendations? I know about Avatar, but other than that, I need some suggestions. I play metal so I need it to sound great with some lows. It can be 2x12 or 4x12 as im not playing HUGE shows yet, a 2x12 should sufice. Budget is $350 us Dollars. Thanks!
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
A used Marshall 1936? Possibly a used Recto 2x12? With a budget like that I think avatar would be a good bet.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
You could replace the speakers, but of course getting a higher end used cab will have better build quality. Check out warehouse speakers if you want V30s, Celestions are just too expensive for your budget. You could probably manage a couple Eminences as well.

Other than that, you'd be pretty hard pressed to find a used Mesa for that. The lowest I've seen is about $400 ands that's even somewhat rare. It's a bit easier to find Marshalls for about that much. Avatars come up used every now and then... They aren't priced too badly new either.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I found a Crate G412ST for 200 bucks. Are they any good?
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
Avatar 2x12 dude. Great price for a great cabinet. I really recommend looking into that company, they have great customer service and everything.

Mine is coming in Wednesday. I totally can't wait.

I've been in the market for a good 2x12" for a while, all i can say is go Avatar or used Mesa/Orange for a nice closed back cabinet with v30's.

For a new 4x12" i would recommend Mill's Acoustics, but thats tripling your budget (costs $1100). Their 2x12" is wayy overpriced at like $800. However, i hear they're the best quality. GL finding one of those used.

Just a little advice: Once you get your new cabinet, open up the back and tighten the speakers to the baffle (they're usually really lose from shipping.). If you want to, use caulk to seal up all the corners of the inside so none of your tone escapes. I plan on doing both of these things this weekend.

Hope this helped, man!
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Quote by DakoRob
Avatar 2x12 dude. Great price for a great cabinet. I really recommend looking into that company, they have great customer service and everything.

Mine is coming in Wednesday. I totally can't wait.

I've been in the market for a good 2x12" for a while, all i can say is go Avatar or used Mesa/Orange for a nice closed back cabinet with v30's.

For a new 4x12" i would recommend Mill's Acoustics, but thats tripling your budget (costs $1100). Their 2x12" is wayy overpriced at like $800. However, i hear they're the best quality. GL finding one of those used.

Just a little advice: Once you get your new cabinet, open up the back and tighten the speakers to the baffle (they're usually really lose from shipping.). If you want to, use caulk to seal up all the corners of the inside so none of your tone escapes. I plan on doing both of these things this weekend.
Hope this helped, man!

Sweet, thanks for the help! I was really leaning towards a Avatar 2x12 anyhow!
I may even order one today! Ps. How do you go about ordering fro their site? I'm a bit confused
Peavey Valveking Head
Peavey VK Cab
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Ibanez ART2EX1
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2