Okay so I've been really wanting to be able to record at home, I'd like to eventually take some courses in producing and I play drums, guitar, bass, some keyboard, and I sing. I dont have a huge budget, about $350-$400, which I'll hopefully have whenever I sell one of my guitars. I'm planning on getting some M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Monitors, an M-Audio Fast Track Pro Mobile USB Audio/MIDI Interface, and Fl Studio Producer's Edition for software. Will this be good to work with? Are there plug ins anyone recommends for drum loops or do you need some for guitar?

P.S. Mics are taken care of. They aren't the best, but they will work okay. When you use the guitar through the M-Audio interface, will I need to process that with some sort of plug-in or software? Could I just use a dynamic mic on my guitar amp if I wanted that sound?
M-audio fast track is a really good choice TS. As for the Mic, a shure sm-57 is a bit more then 100$, and it does a perfect job.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Looks like you have yourself pretty set. It's good starting setup.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

dynamic mic on the amp into an interface is a great way to record an amp. i dont like FL for recording, but it is great at other things. loved it for sequencing and using samples, but not so much recording. if you havent already, check out the demo before you buy it. it may be exactly what you want, and it may not.

reaper is a great choice for a DAW more focused on recording. the MIDI editor isnt the best, and im not a huge fan of some of the other stuff for synth/loop work, but for just recording it is great.
Quote by jof1029
dynamic mic on the amp into an interface is a great way to record an amp. i dont like FL for recording, but it is great at other things. loved it for sequencing and using samples, but not so much recording. if you havent already, check out the demo before you buy it. it may be exactly what you want, and it may not.

reaper is a great choice for a DAW more focused on recording. the MIDI editor isnt the best, and im not a huge fan of some of the other stuff for synth/loop work, but for just recording it is great.

Okay cool, and I've sort of been interested in FL Studio, I do have the demo but I haven't recorded anything with it. I like all kinds of music, and I would kinda like to maybe even use some synth and loops at points. I know FL studio is good for drum loops, and thats probably what I would end up doing instead of the hassle of getting drum mics and end up with a poor quality sound from that. I do like layering a lot and experimenting with sounds, and when I'm the only one recording it seems like FL studio might be a good choice.

And Reaper sounds like it would be pretty cool, but its $225 when the FL producer's edition is $170. That would just leave me a little room for extra equipment and such.
Quote by feelthemusic
And Reaper sounds like it would be pretty cool, but its $225 when the FL producer's edition is $170. That would just leave me a little room for extra equipment and such.

Not true. Reaper has 2 licenses. The $225 license for professional studios that make $20k a year and the $60 license for the average user.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Yeah, you got a good setup there! The guitars will sound fine! My friend has one, and it sounds damn good! Personally, I use a Tascam USB Interface for all my home recording.