Page 1 of 2
By now we've all seen the trailer for the movie Devil, from the minds of Shyamalan...and cringed each time. But I can't help but want to watch it just because it's made me curious, even if there will be some random and irrelevant twist in the end. Anyone looking forward to it? Anyone have theories of who the devil is?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYy7igKD21A

It is interesting to note that at 1:53, the old woman has no blood on her.
looks stupid as hell

i'll probably see it anyway

20 bucks says it's the girl
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
M. night Shyamalan is making it?

Hasn't he destroyed many movies already?
Why do they let him make more.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
^The movie is in an elevator, that's probably the only reason they were able to afford it lol
I hate to be that one dude but... he produced the movie. He wasn't the director. So....
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Primus2112
looks stupid as hell

i'll probably see it anyway

20 bucks says it's the girl

Nah. More topless guy with toilet roll wrapped round his head.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Saw this trailer when I was seeing Scott Pilgrim. When Shyamalan's name came up everyone started laughing and the rest of the trailer was not taken serious.
PSN: CaptainZurEnArrh
There was a thread on this a few days ago. And Shamallama isn't directing it, he's a producer, so there's still hope.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Ledforthehead
Saw this trailer when I was seeing Scott Pilgrim. When Shyamalan's name came up everyone started laughing and the rest of the trailer was not taken serious.

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Ledforthehead

It's amazing how his movies have gotten exponentially worse. I had a blast seeing The Happening because, by the end of the movie, my friends and I were in full-on Mystery Science Theater mode and everybody in the theater was laughing with us.

Outside after the movie, some random guy came up to me and went "hey, were you just in The Happening? FUCKING MOVIE SUCKED."
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Aug 16, 2010,
Quote by Ledforthehead

This happened last Friday when I saw Scott Pilgrim as well.
M. Night tries too hard to create bizarre, unpredictable plots. Signs was a good movie, and the plot wasn't really that complex. The Sixth Sense had arguably one of the best twists in movie history, but that still isn't what makes it a great film.

The italicized part... It seems like Shyamalan really needs to get that through his head. Plot twists don't always make movies good. The Village was a great movie with fantastic acting, but the ending was really poorly presented.

Also, he really comes across as douchey when he gives himself a poorly acted cameo in every movie.

My final thought is that the movie Devil looks terrible, but I'll still probably see it because I still have hope that someday he will get over himself and make another good film.
Balls.
its obviously 2 people... one ****s with the lights, and the other ****s with people in the elevator.

my money is on the main actor guy outside of the elevator, and the old woman inside the elevator.
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
How many more times are they going to have the camera aimed down the one lady's shirt every time she bends over or crawls?
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by Ledforthehead

Same here
I am not watching a single Shyamalan movie ever, EVER again.

The Last Airbender was enough to make me Shyamaphobic for life.
Quote by Outerspacegrass
its obviously 2 people... one ****s with the lights, and the other ****s with people in the elevator.

my money is on the main actor guy outside of the elevator, and the old woman inside the elevator.

It's probably all of them, messing with the people outside.

I just saved everyone 2 hours of their life, use it well.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CoreysMonster
I am not watching a single Shyamalan movie ever, EVER again.

The Last Airbender
was enough to make me Shyamaphobic for life.

There's no Last Airbender movie
Quote by Kensai
It's probably all of them, messing with the people outside.

I just saved everyone 2 hours of their life, use it well.

woah..

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I'm tired of people thinking its going to bad just because of that guy. He has made very good movies before, just because he hasn't in awhile doesn't mean that every movie with his name is going to suck. BTW i think it looks good.
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by Nomack
I'm tired of people thinking its going to bad just because of that guy. He has made a single very good movie before, just because he hasn't in awhile doesn't mean that every movie with his name is going to suck. BTW i think it looks good.

fix'd.

Anything Shyamalan did after the Sixth Sense was either embaressing or just downright horrible.
Quote by CoreysMonster
fix'd.

Anything Shyamalan did after the Sixth Sense was either embaressing or just downright horrible.

Unbreakable was good.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I thought Signs and The Village were good too.

Nothing to see here.

Quote by Pencil Man

Call me Mr. President
Quote by Kensai
Unbreakable was good.

I never saw that one, but I saw Signs, the Village and The Happening, and they were pretty much the worst movies I've ever seen.
Not to mention the atrocity that is The Film That Shall Not Be Named.

Quote by Nomack
I thought Signs and The Village were good too.

Quote by CoreysMonster

C'mon, The Village wasn't that bad. And i thought Signs was awesome. (But it has been 8 years since i saw it.)

Nothing to see here.

Quote by Pencil Man

Call me Mr. President
Quote by Nomack
C'mon, The Village wasn't that bad. And i thought Signs was awesome. (But it has been 8 years since i saw it.)

I remember the Village very well because I went to see it on a date, and the movie was just as disappointing as the date was.

Seriously, the twist is that they're in some kind of national park and the town elders are the monsters? That was the lamest movie I'd ever seen, but now it has been replaced by The Happening.

"Look out! The plants are trying to kill us! Let's run away from nothing for 2 hours!"

EDIT: and Signs was okay, i guess, but the "twist" at the end really made me cringe.

"These aliens that have mastered interstellar travel failed to realise that earth is made of 70% water, the athmosphere is mostly water, and their weakness is *gasp* WATER! And yet they come right on down naked, jump around on roofs, but cant manage to break down a flimsy wooden door.

Uh-huh.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 16, 2010,
Quote by CoreysMonster

Not to mention the atrocity that is The Film That Does Not Exist.

Fixed

And BTDubs, that slap is my favorite reaction pic ever
Quote by CoreysMonster
I remember the Village very well because I went to see it on a date, and the movie was just as disappointing as the date was.

Seriously, the twist is that they're in some kind of national park and the town elders are the monsters? That was the lamest movie I'd ever seen, but now it has been replaced by The Happening.

"Look out! The plants are trying to kill us! Let's run away from nothing for 2 hours!"

Meh, I thought it was interesting. But i agree The Happening was a piece of shit.

Nothing to see here.

Quote by Pencil Man

Call me Mr. President
I posted my thoughts on this and Shyamalan in general in another thread about this but I can't find it.

*keeps looking*
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Nomack
Meh, I thought it was interesting. But i agree The Happening was a piece of shit.

it's just my opinion

but yeah, the Happening was REALLY bad. I remember watching it with a friend of mine and this girl he was interested in, and the girl kept on excusing herself to go to the bathroom because she thought it was so boring.

"no no, I'll pause it" he said

"yeah.. thanks..." she said.

There was no bonking that night, lemme tell ya.
Quote by CoreysMonster

EDIT: and Signs was okay, i guess, but the "twist" at the end really made me cringe.

"These aliens that have mastered interstellar travel failed to realise that earth is made of 70% water, the athmosphere is mostly water, and their weakness is *gasp* WATER! And yet they come right on down naked, jump around on roofs, but cant manage to break down a flimsy wooden door.

Uh-huh.
I've heard that the Village was supposed to be a B Movie. That makes me feel a lot better about it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2