First off: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it looked the most appropriate for my problem.

I made a Metallica - Master of Puppets tab a couple years ago. It is currently the highest rated tab (5 star, 267 votes) for that song.

Recently a guy by the name of phillipsmartkid posted 4 comments on my tab claiming I stole his tab directly:

u guys should see my tab ver 7

THIS GUY COPIED MY ****IN TAB ALL HE DID WAS CHANGE THE END

Mother****er is getting all the credits for my tab SOB!!!!

THIS GUY IS A RIP OFF CHECK OUT TAB VER 7 AND SEE HOW E COPIED ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is I did no such thing. He used the update tab feature to rip my tab off, only changing my tribute at the end to spell out "cliff burton". He didn't, however, change the score information. So my name is still written in his tab clear as day.

I would like to know who I need to contact to a) have his comments removed... b) have his tab removed... c) have whatever appropriate actions be taken against him (i.e. banned or whatever the site rules suggest)

I understand that plagiarism on this site is going to happen but for this guy to do it, only to accuse me and say he was the original creator is down right wrong.
Quote by DUDERMAN
He didn't, however, change the score information. So my name is still written in his tab clear as day.

What an idiot. You can report it here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/report_bad_tab.php?id=809089

I tried to look at his tab but it appears to be corrupted, or at least my computer really doesn't want to open it. But if he didn't change the score information like you said, it's instantly a dead giveaway that the name Phillip is all over his profile but his tab reads "Kevin Ainge." Just mention that and that he's claiming you stole a tab from him when you posted it over two years before he even registered here, it's all pretty damning evidence.
You're*
You'll want to go to the UG Contribution forum and read all of the stickies, then post this in the appropriate place. I'm sure one of the tab moderators can take care of it for you.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Hey.

I've messaged UG's Tab Mod (aig91) and linked her to this thread. She deals with this kind of stuff, so sit back and wait
RIP Tom Searle.
Your tab was obviously not stolen. It was posted 2 years before his was. He was trying to gain more ratings for his own tab.

He's been taken care of. Comments have been removed. Thanks to MH400 for the report.

EDIT: I cannot remove tabs from the site. Only from the TPA. You need to talk to someone of a higher power to remove tabs. Send a private message to Fox-x-x and explain your problem.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Last edited by aig91 at Aug 16, 2010,
Thanks everybody for your help. I sent a pm to fox for help with removing the tab.

I don't understand what this guy was after. If he wanted attention to his own tab, why not actually have "his own tab".

some people....
Last edited by DUDERMAN at Aug 16, 2010,
It happens from time to time. Anyone can sign up to UG and submit tabs. Theres bound to be the occasional idiot. 99.9% of the time they get dealt with, though.
RIP Tom Searle.