I thinking of using a Dimebucker (the bridge PU) in the neck position on the gtr, while using a Beefbucker (bridge PU) in were its suppose to go (the bridge). Both PUs are passive (although the BB is 25k res. and the DB is 16.5k res.) so they're different outputs, but i am pretty sure thats not a problem tho...

but I don't really like to use bass (neck) PUs for anything, I prefer to use the bridge PU for riffs and solos, but the Beefbucker would have somewhat of a bad sound to the single notes in my solos (as usually PUs as high output as 25k, solo notes sound just OK and not as good as lower output PUs) but lower output PUs sound thinned out compared to much higher output PUs on the clean stuff and the riffage too. Double-necks are out of the question.... so I am trying to utilize a "treble" PU in the "bass" position (I know it won't sound exactly like another bridge-posiioned PU) BUT:

I just wonna kno if its going to sound funny or bad, has anyone ever done this kind of thing before???? would it sound alright??
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
It might work. Most likely it will sound bad. Bridge humbuckers in the neck position don't work like you think. You might not get a clearer sound or whatever you're looking for.

For example, I had tried the same thing in one of my many guitars I've had over the years and the results were much less than stellar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've got a JB/59 set in one of my guitars, but they're both bridge pickup models, and they work the way I want.

the only difference between bridge and neck pickups is sometimes the spacing, and the output.
the beefbucker's higher output anyway, so you shouldn't have a problem with that, but you won't exactly get the same tone from the dimebucker in the neck as you would with it in the bridge. it'll act much more like a typical neck pickup
Bridge pickups are wound to remove excess treble, and neck pickups are wound to increase it, because the closer to the middle of the string you are, the less trebly the sound produced is. Putting a bridge pickup in the neck position will remove much of the little treble that is there. Which is alright if that's the type of sound you're looking for
ah..kthen, yeah I was really just looking for a take away a majority of the "bass" characteristics in the neck PU, making it more like a secondary bridge PU for soloing as I mentioned earlier - neck PUs originally are not my ideal pickup approach for soloing... SO i COULD have the Beefbucker company (Rock Monkey) tweak the PU set for me... like maybe a treble boost on the neck PU

Thanks alot!
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Aug 16, 2010,
Resistance isn't that much of an issue. Calibrated warpig sets are usually 23.5k Bridge and 17.7K neck.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works