Hello everyone.

What is the best way to record my electric guitar? Use a mic or use a cable to connect my amp to my pc?
That depends, what is your current rig?
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
probably be more worth it to get a good interface and some solid amp sims. the amp is decent, but there is a lot in the way of free amp sims out there. heck, i love my amps and half the time i go DI into a sim anyway.

i find it is often easier to get a good sound from an amp sim. but you can typically get the best sounds out of micing a good amp. so with middle of the road or low end amps, just use the sims unless you really, really love your amp.
I used to record using a mic and my Line 6 Flextone III, but I sold it, and while I was waiting for my new amp to come in, I used a USB-guitar cord to connect straight to the computer. I didn't even use an audio interface. I used Guitar Rig 3 for all of the effects. The sound was so clear.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!