I been hearing that guitarist are a dime a dozen, if that true why are so many bands can't find them. I'm in two groups and finding a guitar player has been the hardest job.

I been to all type of forums, I wonder if they just shy to try out and don't want to be rejected. I even try pro scales not needed. Maybe some of you could put light on this subject. Thanks
Music is one all can understand.
pt a classified ad in the paper. Use social networking.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Bass4worship
I been hearing that guitarist are a dime a dozen, if that true why are so many bands can't find them. I'm in two groups and finding a guitar player has been the hardest job.

I been to all type of forums, I wonder if they just shy to try out and don't want to be rejected. I even try pro scales not needed. Maybe some of you could put light on this subject. Thanks

Its more a matter of finding one that is actually good. And compatible.
guitarists are a dime a dozen. but good, competent guitarists (the kind you want in a band) are tough to come by.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
guitarists are a dime a dozen. but good, competent guitarists (the kind you want in a band) are tough to come by.

This exactly. I've auditioned many guitarists but finding one that doesnt wanna just shred and make the band all about him or her is kinda hard.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by utmbarto
This exactly. I've auditioned many guitarists but finding one that doesnt wanna just shred and make the band all about him or her is kinda hard.

this is exactly why i couldn't stay in a band everybody else wanted to shred and go nuts. i went along with the death metal thing for a while, but really... thats not me.

i think it's definitely either that they're not confident with their playing abilities or they don't want to take rejection. every time i've seen a "guitarist wanted" ad i always want to try out, but in my mind i imagine that i'm about to try out for the next supergroup and it'll be laughable when i show up with my skill set.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Its definatly not my thing either. Shredding is fine, if its placed well, but this band I was in 2 years ago had a lead guitarist who just did one giant long solo over the whole song on EVERY SONG. It was annoying as hell!
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
I see what you guys mean, I had some that said I'll be there but never show up or never call again. Plus we not looking for the best but someone who will lease try and love what they do. I also see alot of "looking for band" and when you contact them they hide.

I been playing bass since '65, so I guess the younger guys playing for differance reason. I feel most musicain are looking for that super star status but feel they don't have to start on the bottom.

Oh well I just trying to find one....
Music is one all can understand.