Hey guys I've been looking into buying some sort of drum programming software lately and I was wondering if anybody on UG could help me as to what to buy. I mostly play hardcore/deathcore. Any suggestions?
http://www.hydrogen-music.org/

This is a free drum machine made for Linux, but they've released an experimental version for Windows. I use this program's death metal kit, which you can find here. I think on Windows, you just toss it into the data>drumkits folder.
Sorcer - Symphonic Death Metal

Ibanez Iceman ICX220DX, Line 6 Spider III 150W, Roland E-09, Meinl Doumbek, Shure PG48, Rode NT1-A, Behringer Xenyx 502
Quote by Krenfro213
Superior Drummer with the Drumkit From Hell plugin.

/Thread

The Metal Foundry is a hundred times better than Drumkit From Hell

/Thread
Quote by Afroboy267
The Metal Foundry is a hundred times better than Drumkit From Hell

/Thread

Is it possible to use this software to record and syncronize guitar parts in with it????
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Quote by C_majzer
Is it possible to use this software to record and syncronize guitar parts in with it????

Naw, you use it as an extension with the Superior Drummer VST Plugin. You'd use this plugin with Audio Editing software (which is where you record, mix and master music) such as Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Reaper, etc.

if you don't already have Audio Editing software i recommend Reaper, it's cheap and seems to be quite popular with alot of people round here.
Metal Foundry is an expansion for Superior Drummer, which if i understand right is an expansion for EZDrummer itself.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Superior Drummer is a completely separate Program.

You can run Drumkit From Hell on Superior Drummer or EZDrummer, i'm not sure about The Metal Foundry though. i just know that the interface and mixer for Superior Drummer is 100x better than EZDrummer and the Sounds for The Metal Foundry are 100x better than Drumkit From Hell.

Well worth the investment imo.
Okay, I just wanted to make sure I could run drumkit from hell/metal foundry off od superior drummer. Thanks everyone!
i suggest steven slate drums, right out of the box they have a good final mix sound to them (obviously you can tweak it if needed) i recently got it and i've been digging it. you can hear them in the song i have called "billy ellis metal roofing" it was a joke song for my friends work.
Go buy all/one of these.

XLN - Addictive Drums

Toontrack - Superior Drummer 2.0
- Metal Foundry Expansion

Steven Slate Drums

Also

Joey Sturgis has his own drum samples now.
do u actually have to use a real live kit in order to actually "program" some samples into some audio editing software, Or can u CREATE and/or assign drum stuff and beats with just these pieces of software...and THEN put the samples into some edition software that way??? (assuming Superior Drummer 2.0 and Metal Foundry together)...
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Aug 21, 2010,