Hey guys, here's my info.

Budget: $600

Not willing to go used

Music Style: Pop Punk, Hard Rock...an american styled voicing...not so much a british voicing.

2 channels and an FX loop necessary.

I don't want a practice amp...Something with tubes please.
You're kind of restricting yourself not going used.

But a Peavey VK with a new speaker may be your best bet.

Or possibly a Bugera. Although I'm not familiar with them, they have a good rep.

EDIT: I completely forgot about Blackheart. That would also be a good choice.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Aug 16, 2010,
Try a VOX Valvetronix AD-series. They aren't too expensive and sound great, especially for what you want. Then 15-watt one i have has 2 channels and an FX loop. If you get one, get the footswitch that comes with it.

Honestly, you should go used. You can get a $1,000 for $600 that way.
What do you guys think of the Blackstar HT-20?

I haven't played it, but it sounds like it would be good for the stuff he's into...plus its in his price range.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
They have a good reputation, although Ive neve played through one.

People will tell you a JCA is better (at the moment).
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by denied
^^ That is a practice amp...

Honestly at your price point, you'd be getting a far better deal going used.

Maybe a jca20?

It still has 2 channels and an FX loop...

Unlike the JCA20.

I know that all of GG&A has a boner for the JCA right now, but it doesn't cut it for someone who wants an amp with 2 channels and an FX loop.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Aug 17, 2010,
blackhearts are very much brittish voiced. wouldnt recomend them.

the best rec so far has probably been the ht-20. or maybe the valveking.

how about a 6505+? american voiced, two channels, effects loop and $600. more suited towards metal, but a lot of pop punk bands use metal amps, and with the gain dialed back some it will work for hard rock.
Quote by jof1029
blackhearts are very much brittish voiced. wouldnt recomend them.

the best rec so far has probably been the ht-20. or maybe the valveking.

how about a 6505+? american voiced, two channels, effects loop and $600. more suited towards metal, but a lot of pop punk bands use metal amps, and with the gain dialed back some it will work for hard rock.

+1 for the 6505+
Quote by rmr024

Bugera 6262 gets my vote. 6505+ clone but the cleans are leagues better (IIRC from your old threads one of the bands you play is Paramore, and they play clean in a lot of their songs). Thanks to the superior clean channel it seemed to cover a much wider tonal spectrum than the 6505+ IMO. I had almost no trouble dialing in good pop punk and hard rock tones (not to mention a good clean sound as well) on the one I played at Guitar Center a while back.

Failing that, get the Valveking. Even stock it'll suit you fine for pop punk and hard rock. However, my recommendation would be to get a used one that's already had its speaker swapped (that is, if you change your mind about going used).

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to go used? Like CL/\SH said, you're really limiting your options that way.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Aug 16, 2010,
Quote by rocknrolldude43
Bugera 6262 gets my vote. 6505+ clone but the cleans are leagues better (IIRC from your old threads one of the bands you play is Paramore, and they play clean in a lot of their songs). Thanks to the superior clean channel it seemed to cover a much wider tonal spectrum than the 6505+ IMO. I had almost no trouble dialing in good pop punk and hard rock tones (not to mention a good clean sound as well) on the one I played at Guitar Center a while back.

Failing that, get the Valveking. Even stock it'll suit you fine for pop punk and hard rock. However, my recommendation would be to get a used one that's already had its speaker swapped (that is, if you change your mind about going used).

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to go used? Like CL/\SH said, you're really limiting your options that way.

Josh hasn't come online recently so I'll answer this stuff for him...

He's not too into Paramore anymore, and I'm not completely sure why he won't go used...but I'm sure its probably because of a lack of warranty.

Anyway, he's gonna go try out the 6505+ I think. It covers all the features that he wants.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by JYarnell27
Hey guys, here's my info.

Budget: $600

Not willing to go used

Music Style: Pop Punk, Hard Rock...an american styled voicing...not so much a british voicing.

Mistake. For around $600 you could easily pick up a Boogie - which'd suit you perfectly.

($575)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-F30-Combo-Guitar-Amplifier-/290464237499?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-SOB-hardwood-cabinet-wicker-/120608402816?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 ($650)
I've never heard of a Mesa SOB...but it looks like its one channel, and doesn't have an FX loop, so it wouldn't suit his needs perfectly!
Quote by rmr024

Last edited by SLonergan at Aug 17, 2010,
Quote by SLonergan
Josh hasn't come online recently so I'll answer this stuff for him...

He's not too into Paramore anymore, and I'm not completely sure why he won't go used...but I'm sure its probably because of a lack of warranty.

Anyway, he's gonna go try out the 6505+ I think. It covers all the features that he wants.

Fair enough. He might run into problems if any of the other bands he likes play clean, but I've heard about people getting decent cleans from 6505s, so maybe he might too.

Let's just wait to see if and when he'll come back to this thread and report on his findings.

Edit: Also I second Kyle's Mesa suggestions. The F30 seems like it would meet Josh's criteria perfectly (aside from the used part).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Aug 17, 2010,