I was listening to Cowboys From Hell earlier and I searched through the forums but couldn't find anything. Needless to say they rate their own thread. One of the biggest metal bands of the 90's and in my opinion one of the best bands from that era. They definitely had a big influence on alot of contemporary hardcore and metal music.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Glam Pantera was so much better,perfect example of a spineless sellout band.They also stole their sound from Exhorder.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
Glam Pantera was so much better,perfect example of a spineless sellout band.They also stole their sound from Exhorder.

Amen to that. The Exhorder thing anyways... I don't care much for any Pantera.
Glam Pantera wasn't very good, but it' was way better then their Nu-Metal/Groove Metal stuff.I always found it funny that once Glam lost it's popularity in the mainstream they just switched styles like that and jumped on the next trend.
Quote by Steve08

ughh
this reminds me the Pantera fans i met who got Crown Royal bottles tattooed on their chest............worst guys.
Quote by Steve08

Why the hate? Yeah their Glam shit sucked and the later nu-metal was sucky too, but they've got a couple badass albums.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
Why the hate? Yeah their Glam shit sucked and the later nu-metal was sucky too, but they've got a couple badass albums.

Do you understand how poor that looks?
haha...aw boy I knew there was somethin goofy bout that post
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Well all the really did was Glam and Nu Metal,Cowboys is arguably thrash/nu (nu is groove as far as I'm concerned).
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Well all the really did was Glam and Nu Metal,Cowboys is arguably thrash/nu (nu is groove as far as I'm concerned).
Tosh. Cowboys is, for the most part, thrash with the occasional off-beat/syncopated riff. Don't let Primal Concrete Sledge fool you.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Oh man, when just about all I listened to was Pantera....
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Tosh. Cowboys is, for the most part, thrash with the occasional off-beat/syncopated riff. Don't let Primal Concrete Sledge fool you.

ehhh it's very groovy thrash i suppose.After that it might as well be Slipknot.This being said they were one ,my favorite bands when i was 12/13.
Quote by Steve08

The band of my early teens. I grew out of them quite steadily.

Domination was killer at the time
I killed Dimebag.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by andyscoot
The band of my early teens. I grew out of them quite steadily.

Domination was killer at the time

Pretty much same for me
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by The Frayed Ends
I killed Dimebag.

Did you hear all that glass breaking? That's the sound of a thousand bongs being dropped and broken at the sight of this. You monster.
Quote by Thrashasaurus
Did you hear all that glass breaking? That's the sound of a thousand bongs being dropped and broken at the sight of this. You monster.

Actually, it was the sound of thousands of Pantera fans commiting suicide and jumping out of windows upon hearing the godawful sellout pop-metal Vinnie Paul plays these days. That monster.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Last edited by The Frayed Ends at Aug 17, 2010,
Quote by The Frayed Ends
Actually, it was the sound of thousands of Pantera fans commiting suicide and jumping out of windows upon hearing the godawful sellout pop-metal Vinnie Paul plays these days. That monster.

I usually don't agree with you, but hahahha this is so true.
Cowboys from Hell is still a choon.

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Cowboys from Hell is still a choon.

Stop it! You're not british!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Sod off, I can bloody well be whatever I want on the interwebs.

...would you love me?
Everybody's already established that you're german! Your name is Hans, for christ's sake! You can't just change that! You don't me growing a foreskin around here, even though I'm not really jewish in real life!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Then I'm the hypocritical German bloke who unsuccessfully pretends to be a Brit.
Problem solved.

...would you love me?
Alright, you can have a british phase, but after that, you're back to lederhosen and nazism.
Deal.

The pan-European nationalism thing is getting old anyway, as it limits me in the range of people I can insult. Oh, and of course it forces me to imply that you are superior to the American, which is factually wrong, seeing as they might be sub-simian in nature, but are still mainly of Aryan descent, while you are by far more repulsive and inferior in every aspect, starting with your ridiculously crooked nose and ending with about everything about your personality, you money-grubbing bucket of piss.

Now excuse me while eat a bowl of Sauerkraut and then go learn how to drive a car better than anyone else.

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Aug 18, 2010,
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Then I'm the hypocritical German bloke who unsuccessfully pretends to be a Brit.
Problem solved.

Is your name really Hans?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Problem solved.

Save up, you're emigrating. Germans and Brits are essentially the same people, you're just more organised, and us more stylish (flaming beckons).
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
And is your real surname Steerwalker, or are you just a Carcass fanboy, Hans?

Quote by freddaahh
Save up, you're emigrating. Germans and Brits are essentially the same people, you're just more organised, and us more stylish (flaming beckons).

Exactly, we have Topman.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by ctfod at Aug 18, 2010,
Ah, I was thinking more along the lines of The Chap, really. That is how to be.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by ctfod
And is your real surname Steerwalker, or are you just a Carcass fanboy, Hans?
Of course it is, why would I be lying on Facebook? Also, as Fred already pointed out, we're essentially the same, so I'm not ashamed to be proud of my English roots on the paternal side that brought with them this unusual name.

After school and all that jazz is finished, I'll try to find a way to study in Great Britain for sure.

...would you love me?