I kept the 1st, 3rd, and 5th strings the same as in standard tuning, but not sure what to do for the other strings. For those, I tuned all of them down. I was wondering if I should have tuned any of them up though? Thanks
I think you got it right.

6th:E Standard
5th:G Down a step from standard
4th Standard
3rd Down to D
2nd:B Standard
1st Down a step from standard
What's wrong with standard tuning. A question I've had for years
Quote by nashawa
You're my idol, so I must destroy you
Quote by testekleez
I think you got it right.

6th:E Standard
5th:G Down a step from standard
4th Standard
3rd Down to D
2nd:B Standard
1st Down a step from standard

Lol'd at accidental smileys
Quote by askingforit176
What's wrong with standard tuning.

Not a thing. Just as there's nothing wrong with any other tuning a person may feel like using.
Quote by askingforit176

Easier access to and more open sounding chords with extensions and such
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by askingforit176

Hmmm....I highly recommend you explore some different tunings.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci
Quote by c_foster88
Hmmm....I highly recommend you explore some different tunings.

QFT

Drop tunings are good for brutal stuff but like open D sounds good on acoustic. Just adds a little personality for some things but some things it's impossible otherwise.
Still suck at guitar? Try Jamora

Need any help with guitar, music theory, technique, practice exercises or improvisation? Just send me a pm! I love to help

Peace. Love. And chaos.
you need an electronic tuner if you're into those tunings.
it can help speed things up.
but it is good your workin on your ear.

If you can find one get the Korg DT-10.
I've beat the crap out of mine for years.
It just keeps working.
Quote by askingforit176

I suppose it's nice to experiment and try out different things, being stuck doing the same thing over and over is never good for the creative juices!

But on the other hand, I think a lot of people just from on standard anything from the get go.. as if you cant be experimental or heavy tuning to E standard
Quote by ShadesOfGray
I suppose it's nice to experiment and try out different things, being stuck doing the same thing over and over is never good for the creative juices!

But on the other hand, I think a lot of people just from on standard anything from the get go.. as if you cant be experimental or heavy tuning to E standard

Its just fun to experiment with tunnings. Up or down. Like I've tunned my low E string up to F, and it sounded just great and gives you some huge explorations from there.
I've been in CGDGDD lately.
But I'm dropped a whole step from standard right now.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci