Page 1 of 3
Sorry for all the threads recently but this is the final one (maybe).

So, I am wondering weither to buy a ENGL Screamer 50 combo or a Bugera 333XL 212. I saw a ENGL for £500 somewhere and the Bugera is about that price so there is no price help needed just tone! I need to get rid of this line 6 spider III 15w and fast!

Help please! Any help is appreciated!
ENGL.

inb4 a million posts about bugera's infamous build quality
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
apparently they've fixed the reliability issues but i can't decide which one sounds best but I haven't got a store near me with the screamer or the bugera. Anybody know anywhere near south west wales where there is a guitar store with one or the other in?
hmm... will have to travel all the way to manchester and back so all in all it will cost about £570. still worth it?
Wow, really?

... Really?

... Really?!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Thanks for the HELPFUL comment polishedbullet! Thats what I thought but I thought I would just check
i love bugera for their performance to price....but jesus man engl is top notch stuff. engl.
bear in mind the screamer isn't the heaviest engl- some people think it can do br00tz, some don't. It's not a given in other words.

I think most people would say engls are a lot higher quality than bugera, though (i haven't tried bugera).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ye well the music I listen to is not very heavy like death metal or anything. I think the amp should be fine. He said he would sell it to me for £460 but I will hac=ve to pay for the courier so about £470 altogether
Definetely the ENGL, brah.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
^ That should end the thread right there - a Bugera fanboy picked something other than Bugera.

Get the ENGL.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
GET THAT!

Anybody who says that amp can't do br00tz is a nutbar. I have a sweetspot in my heart for the screamer at the local shop. I test most guitars through it at least once.
i mean i love my bugera, but i dont have 1000-2000 whatevr to drop on an amp. i need to live man. and im in colllege.

but will anybody say bugera is higher quality than an engl? im looking for a deal, im not stupid

ps- can people please...PLEASE stop saying "br00tz" or "the br00tz". really?
OK ok I have decided on the Screamer! It will cost about £490 all in all AND it comes with the very expensive Z5 footswitch free!!
Quote by ikey_
i mean i love my bugera, but i dont have 1000-2000 whatevr to drop on an amp. i need to live man. and im in colllege.

but will anybody say bugera is higher quality than an engl? im looking for a deal, im not stupid

If they do, I will find them and beat them senseless.

Don't get me wrong, lots of Bugera amps have great tone, but for quality I'd look elsewhere.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ That should end the thread right there - a Bugera fanboy picked something other than Bugera.

Get the ENGL.

You shouldn't take it literally, I think Bugera are great amps but I'd obviously take the engl over it. Stop being a troll and grow up.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
^ You militia boys need to develop a sense of humour.

Grrr can't wait to get rid of this line 6! I never realised how bad it was until I listened to some samples of these amps and I was like 'Oh so THAT's what my amp is supposed to sound like' Lol!
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ You militia boys need to develop a sense of humour.

Mulishaz are srs bsns.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Your "jokes" usually lead to massive flaming, let's leave it at that brah
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
hey you get a 1/8 in line out and a spyder 3 15 watt is the worlds best i pod dock for 99 bucks. i know cause i own one. it has saved many a house party from a horrid sound system.

and...the spyder 3 is coming with my to college in 3 days. sadly, there is no room for a hot rod deluxe, 25 watt fender champ, and my 22 watt bugera all in one college household.

...plus, spyder has a headphone jack = i can play all night. screw my roommates!
Lol!! It must be annoying to live in college! Can't make any noise! I suppose there are some good points to the spyder
First -
Quote by ikey_

br00tz br00tz br00tz om nom nom nom.

br00tz.br00tz.BR00TZ!

Quote by ikey_

Sorry, but most often, to get quality products, you need to pay a premium. Better parts cost more money.
Which is better for my sound the Screamer or the Thunder? I play lead guitar and I have already said what bands I like (Heavy Metal)
I have an engl e530 and it's extremely dry and a bit on the thin side. It's voice is good but I like a thick saturated juice dripping like distortion, damn thing is just bone dry. I'll probably keep it as it serves a purpose for specific tasks but I have a bugera 333 in shipment.
Not sure if serious.

But dood, cereal, ENGL. You don't even need to try them out to figure that one out. Which is normally never the right wayto go about this sorta thing, but dood, it's ENGL versus Bugera.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
No brainer, ENGL.

Quote by ikey_

Check above my avatar? Cry moar?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Last edited by DakoRob at Aug 16, 2010,
^ Pretty sure he was saying that in jest.

Yes I am definately buying a ENGL so should I buy the Screamer combo or the Thunder combo?
Page 1 of 3