I am a heavy metal guy and ive been wanting a telecaster to use for metal. I was thinking of just buying an SX furian and throwing some humbuckers on it but i dont know if that would be a good idea cause its a 21 fret neck and i do not know if that would really make any difference compared to 22 frets. is that 1 fret important at all, keep in mind im a rhythm player not a shredder. If the neck wouldnt be a good idea would I have to do anything to the body to properly fit a 22 fret neck such as moving the bridge?
Quote by Drkdvl725
I am a heavy metal guy and ive been wanting a telecaster to use for metal. I was thinking of just buying an SX furian and throwing some humbuckers on it but i dont know if that would be a good idea cause its a 21 fret neck and i do not know if that would really make any difference compared to 22 frets. is that 1 fret important at all, keep in mind im a rhythm player not a shredder. If the neck wouldnt be a good idea would I have to do anything to the body to properly fit a 22 fret neck such as moving the bridge?
Chances are, the 22nd will be an overhang; so, if anything, the overhang might butt against the humbucker.

You'll need to move/re-route the bridge if the body and neck are incompatible and won't intonate properly.

Why not keep it simple and build one from parts that are known to be compatible and that you can just bolt together?

Quote by Ippon
Chances are, the 22nd will be an overhang; so, if anything, the overhang might butt against the humbucker.

You'll need to move/re-route the bridge if the body and neck are incompatible and won't intonate properly.

Why not keep it simple and build one from parts that are known to be compatible and that you can just bolt together?

Well I have to mod the pickguard to place a humbucker so I could just move it down and out of the way of the overhang. But I did some research and learned what I needed to know so yeah I posted this thread for no reason apparantly *sorry about that*. But if im just losing 1 note I wont be using I guess it doesnt matter if it stays 21 frets, also the tele im looking at is made of Alder which to my understand is actually not a bad tonewood at all for metal as far as I can tell. And jim root is where I got the idea initially but after a while I actually started to like the tele shape though I most likely wont be putting in active pups.
If youre asking if its important, than chances are you dont need it.

Thats my two cents

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
If youre asking if its important, than chances are you dont need it.

Thats my two cents

Two cents accepted, now I just need to travel back in time to the 1950's and I can get 2 pieces of candy. Anyways your probably right and to the guy who mentioned the J5 I cant afford that. But with the SX Furrian I can pay $50 and have everything I need to put a humbucker in the bridge though I might just leave the neck pickup alone seeing as when I actually do use a neck pickups its allways for cleans and I prefer single coils for clean tones. But a new bridge + GFS Crunchy rails and a little routing that I can do easily and I will have what I want.