Hello all, ditched the old thread for this as it was going nowhere, and the plans have changed.

The plan for this guitar is to use a telecaster body i purchased on ebay for the grand sum of £36 posted, but because i like thin necks im gunna use an ibanez neck.

Im gunna use a 22 fret 25.5" scale neck from an S series or similar to match the specs of your average telecaster neck, but i'll need to mod the neck pocket. Im currently in talks with a luthier to do this for me, because i'd most likely c*ck it up .

Because ibanez necks are for some reason impossible to get over here, im going to import one from america, thankfully i know some way of avoiding import duty.

Here's the body itself

I havent even got the slightest idea what it came from, it could be custom built but i dont know, there's three holes for where the bridge would have been but they arent in a conventional 'style' at all, meaning i've never seen a bridge with three anchoring screws, the string through holes look like they've been filed almost sideways as if someone drilled them in the wrong place and then filed them so it they would line up with the bridge, i need to get a bridge and a scratchplate and see how everything lines up.

As you can see from the photos, the paint is at slightly different levels due to the way the wood has been glued, and obiously not sanded properly, so that will need sorting too.

I'm going to get the neck pocket sorted first, as soon as i've got an ibanez neck, then im going to sort the string through holes, and fill all the holes i dont need, and drill for a wilkinson bridge. After that i'll sand the top flat and refinish it in either its original colour or a light creamy colour

I cant imagine your interested in this kind of thing, but i thought i'd post it up anyway, kudos if you've bothered to read this far.

Jono
I am waiting patiently.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Interesting body. I can tell you it's not mexican, my mexi tele has some odd routing under the pickgaurd just above the wire routing. In fact, that wire routing goes all the way to the neck pickup route in mine. Looks good though, not a lot of paint in the pocket, better than mexican routing, etc.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Interesting body. I can tell you it's not mexican, my mexi tele has some odd routing under the pickgaurd just above the wire routing. In fact, that wire routing goes all the way to the neck pickup route in mine. Looks good though, not a lot of paint in the pocket, better than mexican routing, etc.

Yeah the guy who bought it before me bought it assuming it was mexi and when he found it wasnt sold it on again. Doesnt bother me though, should make for a good body when its sorted out, its pretty solid and heavy so it should be great.
Ibatele, I like it.

I'm planning on doing similar but I have a broken RG body and slightly damaged RG neck.

My body has a big crack in it so I'm going to strip the finish down and try to reseal it. If that works, I plan to route around the trem cavity then fill it so I can install a hardtail. In the spirit of making the guitar as unusual as possible, I'm thinking about a tele bridge with a stacked humbucker and a P90 in the neck. I'll probably round off the pointy bits and make a pick guard so it looks like a wierd ibanez come tele 72 custom. If the neck is salvagable, I'll alter the headstock otherwise, I'll try a maple one.

I was lead to believe that the Ibanez neck pocket was the same as a Fender Strat, is this correct?
Got it:
Pacifica 604w, Hohner G3T, PRS SE Soapbar I, Schecter Ultra I
Fender 'evil' Twin, Marshall 2554 combo
I think i've read that somewhere but only for certain necks i think, have a google searching sesh and you should be able to find out if thats correct or not.

Get a thread up thought because that sounds cool