Poll: Have you ever been in a fight?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you ever been in a fight?
Yes
153 37%
No
145 35%
Sort of
119 29%
Voters: 417.
Page 1 of 6
Have you ever been in one. I don't mean heated verbal debates. I mean fists a-flyin' fights.

I have not. Not because I'm a pacifist or anything. It's because most all fights (at least in my school/area) happen because the two people need to prove themselves, which I don't feel the need to do. But mostly because I'm afraid of getting hurt.
Me and some friends got jumped in downtown baltimore. Luckily, I didn't get hit nor did I have to hit anyone, but my 2 350 lb friends took care of most of the problem
pussssssyyyyyyyy
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

I even started a club.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
not really. people have tried, but I either do the pufferfish move and run away, or I just run away. not out of fear, I just don't want to waste my time, break my glasses, or mess up my clothes/hair.
I usually talk my way out of those "My manhood is bigger than your manhood" situations. There are alternatives to fighting.
He who knows all, knows nothing in the eye of a imbecile.
Quote by darkwolf291
SHHH Second rule....But by talking about the rules we're talking about the club....

Shit!

The feds are wise to our motives! ABORT!
Once, smashed his knuckles up real good.

EDIT: I remember my first fight when this kid just punched me out of the blue and i fell back over my BMX.

Got back up and launched the first and last ever punch that worked perfectly for me. Got the result i wanted. Was very lucky though..

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Last edited by Jiggzy.UK at Aug 16, 2010,
Yes,

Twice.

Won the first and sort of drew the second.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Sort of.

I had a scuffle with another guy my age.

We were throwing around an empty water bottle in the lockerroom at each other, and I guess I threw it a little too hard, because he came running at me. But he lost, so meh
No, because I've never really been important enough for anyone to wanna fight me. People either like me or are oblivious to me. And I don't really have any interest in fighting anyone else, 'cuz I'm too busy sitting in my room listening to faggy music.
No, never, I don't believe in violence unless in self-defence and so far I've not had to fight in self-defence, so that's a no!
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
This guy totally just looked at me, so I gave him an upper cut that knocked him out dead

But no really, I'm not a douche to people so I don't tend to get into fights
Yes. 3. Two of them with people bigger than me.

First one: I floored him, knocked his filling out and his face was black and blue. He couldn't get up for about 5 minutes. I just remember him screaming, but he deserved it. He'd been a dick to me all year.

Second: Someone had been giving me verbal abuse for ages, and I snapped. I punched him and he flew over a table. lol, he never looked me in the eye again.

Third: I got jumped from behind by someone a lot bigger than me. Dragged to the ground, pinned down, nutted, knees in my face etc. Adrenaline kicked in, and I pushed him off me. I ended up popping his nose. He had blood all over his white school shirt. Oh and, this was in front of half the school at home-time. I got so much respect from that, even if my face was pretty bruised and my nose swolen.

I'm pretty handy in a fight

Edit: I guess number 3 was the only 'proper' fight, in the fact that it wasn't one punch and lights out for the other person.
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Aug 16, 2010,
Been in a ton, lost a couple. Being short and chubby growing up, you need to learn how to give out the ass beatins.

These days I've gotta keep my cool. Punk kids and their parents like to sue.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Aug 16, 2010,
Quote by genghisgandhi
mostly because I'm afraid of getting hurt.

Atleast you're open about being a vag. j/k..

Yeah I've been in quite a few. Nose has been broken, and I've had bottles cracked across the noodle. I never start them, but I'll be damned if I dont finish it.

... but seriously.... vag....
I've been in some. That was in middle school. In high school, despite being a small guy, I was the peacekeeper. Half the time, I just stared people down and they backed down.
A couple of times. Nothing really noteworthy in the last year or so though. Shit happens you know. There are sometimes when you just have to let it roll.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I don't really start shit with people and when people start it with me I ignore them. I'm out of high school now though so I will have way less chances of it every happening.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I'm a pacifist. That, and I generally don't piss anyone off.

Oh, and also, statistically speaking, this thread is inaccurate; it looks like only the people who won are speaking up.
Last edited by herby190 at Aug 16, 2010,
yah.. too many to count havent lost either most of them got broken up before any damage could be done. the most memorable one though was when some fat guy pushed me into a corner and started calling me gay so i beat the crap outta him... it was pretty funny. i laugh at how people think that just cause im short that i cant fight :P
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
never really needed to be in one. i dont really piss people off much, and i have a long temper.

i also only weigh 145 pounds
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by ssjmitch
yah.. too many to count havent lost either most of them got broken up before any damage could be done. the most memorable one though was when some fat guy pushed me into a corner and started calling me gay so i beat the crap outta him... it was pretty funny. i laugh at how people think that just cause im short that i cant fight :P

Dude if I've learned anything, it's that it's the short ones that CAN fight. Scrappy mother****ers.
well since I'm in high school and can still get away with kicking the shit out of some mouthy kids at parties, yeah I've been in quite a few. Most of the time it's over in a couple of swings though, never really done or received any serious damage. Being 6'4 helps
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Dude if I've learned anything, it's that it's the short ones that CAN fight. Scrappy mother****ers.

you don't even see them coming.
When I was younger sure. It's a part of growing up. You need to experience the frantic surge you get when you are pinned and being hit as well as the adrenaline rush of disabling another guy and have to watch them go through some pain to finally give up. You also need to learn to become the bigger man, help them up, settle your problems with a few words after the fight and move on.

After I hit my growth-spurt nobody really bothered me.
Quote by SeveralSpecies

finally!! someone with some smarts lol, thank you.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Quote by ssjmitch
finally!! someone with some smarts lol, thank you.

Although, some short kid did try to fight me (kinda). I just picked him up and put him on top of the refrigerator until he agreed to calm down.
I got into a couple back in highschool., and a few at some gigs before.
Sail upon the open skies
im like 5'3", but i weigh like 160lbs so yeah... and im pretty buff
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
One time this kid was talking a bunch of crap to one of my ex girlfriends who was my girlfriend at the time. So i told him to fight me at his house that day at some random time. he accepted. then he didnt even show up to his own house...wtf?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!