I have an LTD EC-1000 with the ESP locking tuners. I was at practice last night and after getting a little into the song we were playing, I up stroked kind of aggressively (oh the innuendo), anyways, when I did that I popped my A and D strings at the bridge. So I'm saying to myself "well that's annoying now I have to restring 2 strings", BUT...when I run the new strings through the tuning pegs, neither one of them will lock on the string. They just pull through with no resistance. I accidentally unscrewed the A string tuner all the way out but the other I did just as I've done countless times with that guitar. I'm at a loss, wtf is wrong with them?
Quote by zhunt1130
when I run the new strings through the tuning pegs, neither one of them will lock on the string. They just pull through with no resistance.

They should just pull through with no resistance, that is until you tighten the thumbwheel. Which should lock them in place. Is the thumbwheel still turning correctly?
The A string tuner lock will screw smoothly and tighten all the way but when it's all tightened up, the hole in the tuning peg I'd completely open, there is nothing there to hold the string. The D string lock feels obstructed or something, it just doesn't turn smoothly and will not tighten all the way, though when it gets to the point where it won't go any farther, I can see the little peg that holds the string start to show through the hole, but alas, it won't tighten further like it should.
try sanding the blocks that you take out to put the string in. sand them down where the string touches it. sometimes the strings will make a groove in the block. my esp mh 400 is doing the same thing
{[WD Punk]}