Poll: Go out or stay in?
Poll Options
View poll results: Go out or stay in?
Go out to party, clubbing or bar hoping.
11 11%
Stay in to drink/do whatever you want with friends or significant other.
91 89%
Voters: 102.
Page 1 of 2
So me and my girlfriend have realized we now a days would rather stay in at our places or a friends and just hang around drinking rather than go out every weekend to parties. We both for years before meeting went out every weekend with our friends to bars, clubs, parties you name it. (We live in OC, Cali.)

I thought this could lead to a interesting discussion/poll with the pit to see if anyone else feels the same. So just respond by giving your pros and cons of staying vs going out and why you like to do one or the other.

For me I've gotten bored and tired of the bar/party scene. Not to mention the crazy amount of money I would always find my self spending. I do still like going out to dinner, movies,theme parks and what however I usually find myself rather staying at home drinking playing video games (yes my gf likes video games) or movies/guitar. I'll write out more of my thoughts once I'm off my droid and see more people respond.
I mostly stay in with girls. I can't even go to the club and dance anymore, makes me too horny, then we end up back at home in an hour anyway.
Well, you can't masturbate out in a bar or club...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
I'd rather go out because of my shit head neighbours and their loud rock and roll music. Bunch of heathens...SATAN WORSHIPPERS

But I'd rather have my own house where I could bring back my girlfriend or wife, and we could snuggle by the fireplace, maybe drink a little wine, listen to the baby monitor and hear our child snoozing away...Then go to the bedroom and have the raunchiest sex you can imagine.
Quote by *sigh*
Lazy bum. Go get a job.

I'm actually sitting at work watching hangover.
Last year at college I basically spent every Friday & Saturday night on my hangin' out on my friends' couch & watching TV for several hours. I've never been a party/club person. Generally when I go out with my friends it's either to record stores or movies.

I don't really do any drinking with my friends. I guess that makes me some kind of weirdo. Oh well. I voted the second option all the same.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Aug 16, 2010,
When I go out, I go to this great Cigar Lounge.

But I prefer staying at home with my fiancée.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
So far have spent nearly my entire life staying in and would like to try out the alternative.
Quote by Assid Rane
Well, you can't masturbate out in a bar or club...

Or can you?
That's usually how it goes. When you start dating, you go out a lot. Then after a while, you and your girlfriend/boyfriend would rather just stay home and take it easy. It's not unusual.
I'm a stay in guy, always will be. Though I do enjoy going on walks, especially with a view and nice weather.

EDIT: This is my first post since May. I've been gone this whole summer and just got back from a excellent backpacking trip in New Mexico.
Favorite Gear

-Aria PE Anniversary
--Roland JC-120
---S101 ES-335
----S101 5 String
-----Ashdown MAG

Quote by thanksgiving
1. Talk to her friends.
2. Then talk to her
3. Invite her out on a date
4.??????????????
5. Jail
Last edited by zzzaaaccc at Aug 16, 2010,
I like going outside, with like, one person at a time. I'm not one for the herd mentality. due to the nature of my current circumstances, I spend the vast majority of my time indoors. there's nowhere to go and no one to go with. unless I drive six hours south. 14 by greyhound.
Playing/going to shows are really my only social outing. I occasionally go out and do things with my friends or girlfriend, but most of the time i prefer to be home.
Sail upon the open skies
I like to stay in or in the area. If I am with a girl I rather go someplace though because just hanging at my place is boring.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by MH400
I prefer to stay in. Always.

Same here. Incredibly anti-social. Whenever I go out I just get annoyed at all the idiots that populate this city.
Check out my band Disturbed
me and my girlfriend always stay in ....lol....well we walk the dog, then stay in the rest
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
I pretty much always prefer option 2, option 1 is something I prefer to do only once every couple of months.
Im dastardly anti-social. Plus id rather be the entertainer than the person on the floor dancing an someshit.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Depends who I'm with. Drinking at home is fun though because you can't get kicked out.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by StewieSwan
Same here. Incredibly anti-social. Whenever I go out I just get annoyed at all the idiots that populate this city.

I thought I was the only one and that I was weird :O

*wipes tear away*
RIP Tom Searle.
While I like an occasional party (but I absolutely loathe clubbing), I'd take a night with a smallish group of friends any day over any of that. The best parties I've been to have been 10 friends of mine and I just sitting around with drinks in hand.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Gregray88
Throw a party at your house. Best of both worlds.

EDIT: FAIL

Always preview your posts kids.

Also I support the post im quoting.
Last edited by Preid at Aug 16, 2010,
Quote by StewieSwan

Same. Ahh to be one of the mindless...
PSN: Pancakehead3

Add me and say you're from UG
Quote by Pancakehead
Same. Ahh to be one of the mindless...

Do you drink large quantities of booze?
I much prefer staying in. Having friends stop by and just chillin out, watching a movie, or something is just good stuff.

Last i went out to anything like a bar/club.. all i did was get annoyed by the people acting like retards.

If i go out, its usually to quieter places like a lounge where i can play pool, or sit down and have a coffee.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Preid
Do you drink large quantities of booze?

Not of age good sir.

I like to mix it up with both. Best to have quiet nights and party nights.
Still suck at guitar? Try Jamora

Need any help with guitar, music theory, technique, practice exercises or improvisation? Just send me a pm! I love to help

Peace. Love. And chaos.
Quote by Pancakehead
Not of age good sir.

That doesn't mean anything.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I enjoy my nights just chilling with the girlfriend and friends. Though occasionally I like clubbing it up or my friends may drag me to a bar on a random night. It's getting harder though, all of us with full time jobs, girlfriends, wives, ect. Most of the time I'm too damn tired to even bother with partying.
Quote by Pancakehead
Not of age good sir.

Irrelevant

If you havent truely gone out with mates, got wasted and sleazed some munter then you havent lived.

One day you'll understand.
Go out to someone else's house to drink/do whatever you want with friends or significant other.
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
Quote by Kivarenn82
That doesn't mean anything.

Well......NO U

Quote by Preid
Irrelevant

If you havent truely gone out with mates, got wasted and sleazed some munter then you havent lived.

One day you'll understand.

That glorious day will come....

Quote by Spartan070sarge
While I like an occasional party (but I absolutely loathe clubbing), I'd take a night with a smallish group of friends any day over any of that. The best parties I've been to have been 10 friends of mine and I just sitting around with drinks in hand.

Yup we would have a lot of fun and do some really dumb shit that I'll never forget.
You can't go out in my town without a crew. I got tired of my mates mobbing up on smaller groups, so I gave up on clubbing.
Page 1 of 2