About a month ago I decided that I was going to overhaul my rig, with the intention of downsizing it and thus begun the long process of doing so.

So far I have been able to sell my Rev Jr. Half stack and am still hoping to sell my Randall head. By the time it is all said an done I'm hoping to have about $1500 or so to spend on my new rig. With this cash I'm hoping to buy a 212 cab and a head or two.

For heads, I'm hoping to keep it on the smaller size, Ideally in that 15-20 watt mini head range, but I've had my eye on a few ENGl 50W heads as well but that would be the biggest I would want to go. So far I have been looking at:

Jet City JCA20H with Brown Eye mod
Krank Rev Jr. Pro (plus tube swap)
ENGL Gigmaster
ENGL Screamer

I'm not so well versed in the ins and outs of cabs and any help hear would be much appreciated. So far I have checked out:

Marshall 1936
Mesa Recto

Genres I play are Metal, Blues, Rock, and occasionally some Jazz (well, I try). So I'd like to get some good versatility going in this set up. I don't gig but I do jam and so far I found my Rev Jr. to be an ideal size for that which is why I'm gravitating towards something in that vain again.
i would try the jet city but not the 20 watt version b/c it only has one channel. and cab wise i think the avatar has the most value for your money. get in with a v30 and a g12t-75. when they run together in stereo they compliment each other nicely IMO. i have tryed the jet city jca20 but not the bigger model which i think you should give a try
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Unfortunately I can't try any of the Jet City amps prior to purchase since they have little to no distribution in Canada. As far as the Jet City only having one channel goes, I'm not to worried about that Since if I opted for a head in that price range ($500 or so) I'd probably have enough cash left over to pick up another small head to fill out the other areas of my rig. If my rig ends up with just one head, it'd likely be the Screamer.

Avatar is sounding probably like the best bet at this point. I like the idea of a V30 and G12T-75 speaker combo, plus tolex of my choice is always cool.
I don't know what their distribution is like out there (probably not great) but have a look at the Hayden amps, specifically the Mofo series - there're 3, I think - 15, 30 and 45 watts. I've just bought the 30 watt, and love it for blues/classic rock tones, and even for metal, at a push.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
check out a blackstar ht-20 aswell. Has 2 channels and extremely versatile.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
^^I'll give Hayden a look and see what kind of distribution they have over here.

^I'm a little weary of Blackstar, I bought an HT-Dual pedal on a whim a while back and haven't been to crazy about it thus far. Do you think that pedal offers a fair representation of what the HT-20 can do is it a different sound?
I gave the Hayden a look see and I gotta admit, I am very intrigued by it. Seems like an awesome little amp that's capable of quite a bit, I really like the stealth switch too.

Only problem is, there's no distribution in North America. I was able to find some UK dealers that look like they might be able to ship to Canada. It's price point is right in the range of the Heads I'm looking at as well.

I'm just wondering now if it is worth the hassel of shipping over seas to get. Is there anything this amp can do that say an Egnater Tweaker or Rebel couldn't?
That, I can't answer, never having played them. I loved the Mofo, and it hit the exact tone I was looking for when I was looking for an amp, and takes pedals really well. (Plus, the Stereo jack FX loop makes for a good talking point with gearheads).
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
^^Well, I suppose I could always get it and flip it if I don't like it. Can't imagine it'd be too tough to sell.

^I'm growing fond of the Screamer, but the only problem is I'd have to wait for MF to get a used one in to buy.

Any other suggestions on a smallish head?
Suppose I had to choose between the Marshall and the Mesa cabs, which of those would be better?