Hey guys, i'm been looking at lefty Agile 8 strings.

Now the active version has an EMG808 pickup, but has only a volume knob.
Now, i'm sure it won't be too versatile.

On the other hand, the dual pickup one has a tone knob, volume knob and pickup switch, but the pups are passive.

Active one: http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepidpro828mnocleft.html

Passive one: http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepidprodual828mnbbleft.html

Now, my questions are:

1. Are the stock pups on the passive one brutal enough to match the crazy tone on the active one?

2. Are the stock pups on the passive one reasonably versatile?

3. Will they sound good and pristine on the clean channel, irrespective of the amp i currently have, since i'm upgrading to a Bugera 333XL.

Thanks.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
id sugest buying the active, the way the pickup is placed on the body allows for lots of tone of the high strings aswell as a sharp tone for the lower strings, plus actives just sound so much better with a clean tone im ordering a 828 pro just before christmas!!
You know, passives don't always suck for metal.

Bareknuckle Pickups, Rockmonkey, etc...

I'd take the dual. I like the option of two pups. Then again I like 1 pup simplicity. (Charvel ftw.)
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by mr7string
id sugest buying the active, the way the pickup is placed on the body allows for lots of tone of the high strings aswell as a sharp tone for the lower strings, plus actives just sound so much better with a clean tone im ordering a 828 pro just before christmas!!

But no EQ on the guitar!
A huge advantage active pickups give is the active EQ...and this doesn't have one. :|
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
Quote by stratman_13
You know, passives don't always suck for metal.

Bareknuckle Pickups, Rockmonkey, etc...

I'd take the dual. I like the option of two pups. Then again I like 1 pup simplicity. (Charvel ftw.)

I know passives don't always suck for metal.
But i'm SPECIFICALLY asking about the STOCK pickups on the Agile Intrepid Pro Dual. Because i know nothing about how these particular ones are.
And they aren't Bareknuckle Pickups, so yeah...i don't know if they'll be good. :p

On the active one, it's an EMG808, which i;m completely familiar with.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
I would go for the active, simply because I really don't trust passive pickups to handle the extra strings. But if you're going to change the pickups out, then definitely get the passive one, because then you can put two 808's in it and have more tonal variation.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I would go for the active, simply because I really don't trust passive pickups to handle the extra strings. But if you're going to change the pickups out, then definitely get the passive one, because then you can put two 808's in it and have more tonal variation.

Yeah, the single volume knob is a turn off
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!