So when I record solos i always hear a clank or buzz from the strings. I do know people put socks or hair ties, etc. on the end of the neck to stop that. What works the best and give me some advice so i dont have to restart my recording eveytime i hear excess noise from my strings.
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Several Options:

-Change the angle of your attack on the strings, along with your intensity

-Lower the pickups slightly

-Pick further away from the pickup you have selected (pick towards the bridge if you're on the neck pickup, and vice versa) Picking further away from the bridge in general lessens the twang.

-Make sure you're muting the strings with your palm after they ring out

I would also suggest adjusting the input level on the recording down slightly as it can sometimes let excessive noise through if it's up too loud. Some guitars just have a little resonance for some reason and the hair band helps quiet it.
Quote by CJRocker
Several Options:

-Change the angle of your attack on the strings, along with your intensity

-Lower the pickups slightly

-Pick further away from the pickup you have selected (pick towards the bridge if you're on the neck pickup, and vice versa) Picking further away from the bridge in general lessens the twang.

-Make sure you're muting the strings with your palm after they ring out

I would also suggest adjusting the input level on the recording down slightly as it can sometimes let excessive noise through if it's up too loud. Some guitars just have a little resonance for some reason and the hair band helps quiet it.

this was helpful. i never knew picking on the opposite side of the pickup you have selected changes it.
Guitars:
94' Epiphone Les Paul Honeyburst
Ibanez RG7620
Ibanez RG560

Amp:
Peavey Valveking Head
Marshall 1960b
Don't try to relieve buzzing by messing with your truss rod - just make sure there's nothing wrong with your truss relief. To alleviate buzzing raise your strings at the bridge or the nut, or file down the offending fret(s).