So my band asked Surf Taco (restaurant) if we could play there. They said sure, just give us a time/date and price.

We're four 17 year olds in a local band and would probably play an hour or so set. How much should we ask them to pay us?
Quote by captaincrunk
This isn't a guitar forum.

Try WebMD.

Quote by MH400
www.ultimate-guitar.com

idk, do they have people play there regularly? or are you gonna be the first band?
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
In tacos.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
In free tacos all night. That is much more valuable than any paper currency.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
$150 seems fair for an hour. Some mariachi groups charge $300 and also collect tips, so they can make $600 per night. If possible try to gather tips.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
You probably suck, so it's only logical that YOU pay THEM.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Que?

But seriously, probably not much. Playing gigs at that age is all about exposure. They probably couldn't care less if you played there or not.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Ask for a free taco dinner.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
you'll be lucky if you get $20 as a band, and free tacos.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Let them pay you. It's arrogant to tell the venue how much to pay when the venue is something like Surf Taco. Just wait for them to contact you. If they don't, then ask them, but don't say numbers.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
$100 at the most and possibly free drinks and/or food for the time that you are there.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Probably 30-50 dollars. I started playing shows at 17 with a friend and that is what establishments usually paid us.

Unless you're posing as an authentic mariachi band, who are expensive as **** to hire. I suggest you all dress up as Mexicans and learn 5 hours of stereotypical mariachi music and see what you can do.
Don't expect much, you guys would be lucky if you get 20 bucks a piece. I'd definitely ask for food though, that seems like a good deal.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

TACOS EVERYWHERE! No, but seriously just get paid in free tacos. Your life will be improved.
Still suck at guitar? Try Jamora

Need any help with guitar, music theory, technique, practice exercises or improvisation? Just send me a pm! I love to help

Peace. Love. And chaos.
gas money and tacos, burritos, and nachos
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
One Million........doll Hairs!
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Free Tacos then try and make tips.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by bingeandletgo
You probably suck, so it's only logical that YOU pay THEM.

Oh shit, Operation Ivy just showed up, and apparently, they're begging to differ?
Quote by necrosis1193
Let them pay you. It's arrogant to tell the venue how much to pay when the venue is something like Surf Taco. Just wait for them to contact you. If they don't, then ask them, but don't say numbers.

It's not a venue. It's A MOTHER****ING TACO JOINT. They asked to play. You think a Taco place is gonna call up a band and say "Hey, I'd really love for you guys to play. I'll give you $500 bucks." as TS is sitting there arrogantly smoking a pipe and wearing a nice velvety robe in front of a roaring fire.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
$10 - $20 each + a meal
that all depends on your fan base... I know a few local bands that would fill the restaurant all night if they were to play...
its all about you bringing exposure to the restaurant.
Yeah, seriously ask for $30 total and a free meal for all of you guys. That's MORE than good enough. Hell, I'd love that.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
if you know you can deliver a good performance, $150 is perfectly reasonable. Especially if you can get invited back (for possibly higher pay).
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork