So I have a PRS CE22 and i want to tune to Drop C, I keep getting frett buzz even though i put the action up as hi as it goes... What are the steps to change into this tuning? Like do i tune to drop C with my current strings then take them off and put new ones on or what? Set action first and then tune?

THanks for the help

Eric
My Gear:
PRS CE 22 Tortoise Shell 2008
Epiphone SG Korina Custom 2004
Gibson Lg-1 Vintage 1965 Acoustic
Marshall AVT 50
what gauge are your strings?
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
You need to use heavier strings. Some of those sets that have HEAVY GAUGE MADE FOR DROP TUNINGS printed right on the front in big bold type would probably be applicable.
get new strings. put them on. tune, adjust intonation. tune and so on until everything is set up. make sure action is adjusted prior to this along making sure your neck is proper as well. also might want to look into getting the nut modded for the heavier strings so you dont run into tuning issues.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Just buy larger gauge strings, with a PRS I doubt you'll need to re innotate the guitar.

For drop C, get some .011's (medium gauge) or .012's(medium heavy), when you have these strings on, DO NOT tune to standard, unless you want to readjust the truss rod.
Try some DR tight fits. You can downtune with those in the lighter gauges, and have the strings still feeling tight
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I have a question...
I have a epiphone sg g400 (hard tail bridge) with 10s currently. I am wanting to change to nines but am wondering what adjustments need to be made?
Quote by guitarbro1
I have a question...
I have a epiphone sg g400 (hard tail bridge) with 10s currently. I am wanting to change to nines but am wondering what adjustments need to be made?

Probably none. MAYBE a slight adjustment of the truss rod, but that's a fat maybe
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by ethan_hanus
with a PRS I doubt you'll need to re innotate the guitar.

Explain please.
Quote by guitarbro1
I have a question...

none at all.you'll be fine
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial