Well you see here, my Bugera's tubes blew, and I'm a pretty poor kid, so I'm getting this valve king 212 combo lent to me. I think lent is the right word, probably not. Oh well.
Anyways, I play in a Acacia strain-esque band thingy, and I was wondering if the valveking could do br00t4lz with a boost, maybe not even good brootals. Just stuff to get me by until I can afford new tubes.

And another question, I dont even have an overdrive.
Would a boss ds-1 work?
I've never heard of anyone using those, but it's the only pedal I have laying around :/

Kthxguys.(:
It can. Just turn the gain all the way down and the level all the way up. Tone to taste. It might not sound as good but it'll work.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
It can. Just turn the gain all the way down and the level all the way up. Tone to taste. It might not sound as good but it'll work.

Well I know how to do it, I just wanted to ask and see if it'll work before I go and try it and get the worst tone ever :P

But thank you.
Eh, whatever

Oh, and you should grab a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter, plug that into input 1, and your guitar into input 2.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Eh, whatever

Oh, and you should grab a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter, plug that into input 1, and your guitar into input 2.

I've totally heard about that before.
And I have one sitting right next to me, score!
What does it actually do?
It cleans up a little bit of the muddiness. It's a solid trick you should just always do with a valveking. It's subtle, but there is change. I used an EQ pedal and got pretty okay brutal ass tones when I had my VK head and then again when I had a VK 112 for awhile. If you don't care for tone too much you can get a sonic maximizer, hah some say it sounds crappy and digital, but I think it works well with drop A chugs. lol Process at like 2 or 3 o clock and the lo contour to taste and you can get the br00talz with a Sonic Max in the fx loop.

Those are my suggestions.

Good luck.
Could probably get new t00bz for what you're gonna spend on a boost otherwise... Just saying.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
Could probably get new t00bz for what you're gonna spend on a boost otherwise... Just saying.

...this.
So you have the pedal, but your asking us if it will sound okay? Why not just try it for yourself and see?

You probably should have bought new tubes.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
So you have the pedal, but your asking us if it will sound okay? Why not just try it for yourself and see?

You probably should have bought new tubes.

I feel like I'm getting trolled like no other D:

Like I said before, I'm getting the amp tomorrow.
And as I've said before, again, I wanted to know before hand if it'll even be worth it.
D:
Quote by TheDefected

And as I've said before, again, I wanted to know before hand if it'll even be worth it.
D:

The valveking will not sound anywhere close to the quality youll get with the 333xl. I say get the tubes instead unless you want it as a backup amp.
Quote by TheDefected

D:

Ahhh. Well ignore that part of my post lol.

It will sound passable, but you won't get near the tones as your bugera.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Okay kids.
Here we go, summing up my thread.

1. FREE Valveking. FREE. While I'm SAVING UP for the NEW TUBES.
2. FREE PEDAL.

got it guys?

I swear to god, if someone comes in this, "umadbro?"

D: D: D:
Quote by TheDefected
Okay kids.

2. FREE PEDAL.

got it guys?

Well if its all free, by all means go for it. The valveking is a pretty good amp, but not for the tone you are looking for, but then again its free.
Quote by TheDefected
Okay kids.

2. FREE PEDAL.

got it guys?

umadnaow? ragequit?

Your DS will work ok as a boost but is not ideal. If their both coming in soon, just wait till they do and then try it out, I don't really understand the point of this thread.
Yeah, the best way to know is to try it. The DS-1 will sound okay, but it'll probably be noisy. The Valveking isn't really made to be SUPER BRUTAL stock. It will sound fart-y being played in drop A (which I can only assume you would be playing in based upon using The Acacia Strain as your tonal reference) but it's up to you what sounds good.
Sure the DS-1 will be passable, possible give you more gain. I don't seeing it sounding all that great for the saggy brutal drop a tones you wish to achieve. It'll actually probably sound quite thin.
This is all a matter of who's ears are being used to listen though.

/thread?

There really isn't too much more to say on the subject.