I Can't seem to understand what's going on, all of ours pcs in the house are getting ads from redirect google, bravo TV. I'm an above PC user and I can't figure it out, tested by pc upside down and even reformatted the PC.
LOL
Quote by KGB_INC
I herd u liek adblock?

I'm using chrome but on Firefox it hasn't helped at all.
LOL
What kinds of ads, banner ads, popups? Banner ads are on web pages, not your computer, because it creates revenue for webpages. Similar with popups, but most websites don't use those anymore because popup blockers come standard on most browsers.

tl;dr You can't get rid of ads by messing with your computer, they're on webpages purposefully.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I pretty much only use Chrome now, so I can't really relate to any ad problem. However, I can sort of assume that you're probably talking those random re-directs you get that take you to yellow book and other random websites. I get those from time to time as well, and as far as I know, there isn't a way to counteract it. I'll look it up though.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Aug 17, 2010,
Quote by KGB_INC
I pretty much only use Chrome now, so I can't really relate to any ad problem. However, I can sort of assume that you're probably talking those random re-directs you get that take you to yellow book and other random websites. I get those from time to time as well, and as far as I know, there isn't a way to counteract it. I'll look it up though.

Yeah, it's those ads, it'll come with the link redirect google.com, it goes to the google homepage. They are all within the browser itself, they'll go to bravo TV out of nowhere when I'm in UG. It's driving me ****en insane, sorry for the foul language.
LOL
This might actually have to do with Firefox addons (I don't have any experience with FF, so bare with me.)

Do you have any addons installed? And if so, which ones?
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by KGB_INC
This might actually have to do with Firefox addons (I don't have any experience with FF, so bare with me.)

Do you have any addons installed? And if so, which ones?

I'm also using chrome but I was firefox and chrome at separate times testing them both. Firefox was getting the ads much more, I didn't have any plugin's expect for the adobe flash, I disabled and even uninstalled them, disabled all of javascript, not much better on FF. As of now I'm on Chrome and so far no ads.
LOL
ads? what ads?
Use FF's safe mode to test the browser.

as many of us techs say. firefox is for the masses, opera is for the elite.
Quote by Alucard817
ads? what ads?

as many of us techs say. firefox is for the masses, opera is for the elite.

Firefox is for people who want a decent browser, Opera is for wabs
Quote by Alucard817
ads? what ads?

as many of us techs say. firefox is for the masses, opera is for the elitists.

Fix'd.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Firefox is for people who want a decent browser, Opera is for wabs

opera is for people who know what they are doing. the main problem with firefox are the extensions, which cause 99% of the problems. you wanna block ads, extension, wanna have better control over tabs, another extension, need more options EXTENSION. which drives your memory usage through the roof, not to mention the opening of security risks.
with opera everything is built in, clean and you dont need a million FUCKING EXTENSIONS

I'm not even going to go into the laziness of the mozilla dev team

Quote by rgrockr
Fix'd.

sorry we know how to use a PC, oh and all your guitars hate you too, so theyre moving in with me.
Last edited by Alucard817 at Aug 18, 2010,
Im also on the Opera side of things, kills firefox

TS is probably browser hijacked, it happened to my IE, to which a tech suggested Opera. Even converted my die hard firefox brother to it - and most of my IE/FF friends.

Edit: Also enjoying the windows aero integration.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
i actually have a similar problem. when i search things on google and click on the results, it redirects me to some stupid website. its IE 8 btw
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG