hey guys, its my birthday soon, and with some of my own money and money i get, i want to get another guitar. my gear is below, im set on a new guitar instead of an amp, so please don't say amp > guitar
my budget is about $800 AU or so. if there is a guitar that you highly recommend that is above the price range, i can try and get it second hand or just shell out the cash.
i play metalcore and heavy metal, (parkway drive, all that remains, and dream theater stuff) i tend to play a little bit of blues or ballad-y type stuff as well, so im looking for some nice cleans, and distortion.

some guitars i had in mind so far.

MH-1000 (will this be a big jump from the MH-50, playability/quality wise? will go the hardtail version most likely as well, also, does the body feel different, or the same? will buy second hand)
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/LTD-DELUXE-SERIES-MH-1000FR-See-Thru-Black-wEMGs-and-Floyd-Rose-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P472C428.aspx

agile septor pro 727 (i like 7 string guitars, and im big myself so i think the 27" scale and thicker neck would be more comfortable as opposed to a 25.5" and 6 string neck)
http://www.rondomusic.com/septorpro727mnbk.html

schecter hellraiser c1 (i always see this being recommended for my styles, so i'll see what you guys think)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-Special-Electric-Guitar-430479-i1531349.gc

anyways. thanks for the answers and what not.
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
MH-1000's are sick. It also comes in blue without the floyd and with passives. I played an MH-1000NT the other day and it was amazing. Lightweight, huge tone and coil splits sounded really nice. That's what I would recommend. (don't get a BC rich...)
Quote by Slashestranged
All those brands are garbage. Get a bc rich

i'll pass, thanks
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
Dont listen to Slashestranged, hes been saying that on every post
and BC Rich are terrible anyway, bad build quality, low quality woods, the action is always too high, the neck warps quickly, their own pickups are terrible.
Id say go with the schecter, although a huge fan of 7 strings... maybe have a look at the C7?
Quote by Slashestranged
Fanboy much? No, TS, all those are respectable brands.

If you play a lot of Metal, I'd go with the Hellraiser.

If you like low tunings (anything below Drop C), then don't even bother skirting the issue...get the Agile 7string.

Not too familiar with the LTD.
Quote by LiquidFear
hey guys, its my birthday soon, and with some of my own money and money i get, i want to get another guitar. my gear is below, im set on a new guitar instead of an amp, so please don't say amp > guitar
my budget is about $800 AU or so. if there is a guitar that you highly recommend that is above the price range, i can try and get it second hand or just shell out the cash.
i play metalcore and heavy metal, (parkway drive, all that remains, and dream theater stuff) i tend to play a little bit of blues or ballad-y type stuff as well, so im looking for some nice cleans, and distortion.

some guitars i had in mind so far.

MH-1000 (will this be a big jump from the MH-50, playability/quality wise? will go the hardtail version most likely as well, also, does the body feel different, or the same? will buy second hand)
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/LTD-DELUXE-SERIES-MH-1000FR-See-Thru-Black-wEMGs-and-Floyd-Rose-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P472C428.aspx

agile septor pro 727 (i like 7 string guitars, and im big myself so i think the 27" scale and thicker neck would be more comfortable as opposed to a 25.5" and 6 string neck)
http://www.rondomusic.com/septorpro727mnbk.html

schecter hellraiser c1 (i always see this being recommended for my styles, so i'll see what you guys think)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Hellraiser-Special-Electric-Guitar-430479-i1531349.gc

anyways. thanks for the answers and what not.

Go for the LTD man... they are great.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
@crazysam23

i play in drop C and drop B most of the time
my MH-50 is in drop B now and its not TOO bad.
would the 7 string be A LOT better for dropped tunings compared to the MH-1000?
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by LiquidFear
@crazysam23

i play in drop C and drop B most of the time
my MH-50 is in drop B now and its not TOO bad.
would the 7 string be A LOT better for dropped tunings compared to the MH-1000?
It would have a lot thicker and better tone. You wouldn't have to crank the amp so high to get a decent sound. You still could if you want, but it'd sound more amazing at those low Drop B tunings, imho.
Plus, since it's strung through the body (as opposed to the other 2's Floyd Rose systems), it'd be MUCH easier to keep in tune. I have a Floyd Rose myself; I use standard tuning, as I play a lot of Thrash. Shit, it's a big enough pain to setup that up in standard tuning. (I'm used to it, but still.) I can't even imagine how bad it'd be to set up in Drop B. See, for any tuning outside of E standard, you'd have to set it up specially. If you're not intimately familiar with Floyd Rose-style tremolos, that's just gonna be a big headache.

Also, if you get the Agile, consider these pickups for it: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/cutting-edge/blackouts_7stri/. Those are Seymour Duncan Blackouts (for 7strings), which have a cleaner tone than EMGs, allowing your playing and natural tone of the guitar to shine through better than with EMGs.

If you got the Agile and threw some Blackouts in it, I think you'd freaking love it, TS! Hell, even without the Blackouts, it'd be a great guitar for what it sounds like you do.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 17, 2010,
Can't have a metal collection without a Dean or a DBZ.
I'd recommend a DBZ Cavallo or Bird of Prey, but there all pretty boss guitars.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It would have a lot thicker and better tone. You wouldn't have to crank the amp so high to get a decent sound. You still could if you want, but it'd sound more amazing at those low Drop B tunings, imho.
Plus, since it's strung through the body (as opposed to the other 2's Floyd Rose systems), it'd be MUCH easier to keep in tune. I have a Floyd Rose myself; I use standard tuning, as I play a lot of Thrash. Shit, it's a big enough pain to setup that up in standard tuning. (I'm used to it, but still.) I can't even imagine how bad it'd be to set up in Drop B. See, for any tuning outside of E standard, you'd have to set it up specially. If you're not intimately familiar with Floyd Rose-style tremolos, that's just gonna be a big headache.

Also, if you get the Agile, consider these pickups for it: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/cutting-edge/blackouts_7stri/. Those are Seymour Duncan Blackouts (for 7strings), which have a cleaner tone than EMGs, allowing your playing and natural tone of the guitar to shine through better than with EMGs.

If you got the Agile and threw some Blackouts in it, I think you'd freaking love it, TS! Hell, even without the Blackouts, it'd be a great guitar for what it sounds like you do.

i would have gotten the hardtail for the MH-1000 if i were to get it.

ill go and try out a 7 string at a store in the city (wont be an agile) and i'll see if the extra size fits me better. and if i find it more comfortable, ill go for the agile and get some pick ups later down the track.

i am still open to suggestions though.
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
LiquidFear,
Agile necks are halfway between that of Schecters and Ibanez's
So if you can try out a Schecter and Ibanez 7 string and the Ibanez is too thin but the Schecter is too thick, Agile will be the neck size you want
How about the cheaper MH-400NT ?

Plus, there's MH-417, 7 string version of that body type.

Ibanez prestige ones or RGA7 you might also want to consider.

And schecter has C-7 Standard (pretty much the old normal Blackjack) and ATX Blackjack.
@connor i will try an RG7321, and ill see if i can try a schecter 7 string as well. thanks for the help

@rautio is there much of a difference between the MH-400 and MH-1000 quality/sound wise?
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
i just bought a schecter blackjack atx..comes with blackouts such a good guitar id suggest that because its the same price as the hellraiser. as to the differences between 400 and 1000 ltd models. when i was looking at the viper 400's and 1000's there was such a minute difference and i was going to buy the 400 because it came in the colour i wanted. Alas i bought the schecter cause it was better.
Quote by Slashestranged

Lmfao, BC Richs are horrible. Also, I would go for the LTD, just out of personal preference though, I don't really like schecters and I don't really like 7 strings XD
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Last edited by Mazz211 at Aug 19, 2010,
300 on guitar. 500 on amp. 300 can get you a pretty cool agile. and if you look used you can get like a peavey 6505 combo easy. that's what i suggest.

if your going to spend it all on a guitar then go used. might be able to score a real ESP. i think if you look used you will be presently surprised.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699
300 on guitar. 500 on amp. 300 can get you a pretty cool agile. and if you look used you can get like a peavey 6505 combo easy. that's what i suggest.

if your going to spend it all on a guitar then go used. might be able to score a real ESP. i think if you look used you will be presently surprised.

im in Australia so the prices are A LOT different.
The mh-50 alone cost me $450. and a 6505 clears the 1k mark easy.
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by LiquidFear
im in Australia so the prices are A LOT different.
The mh-50 alone cost me $450. and a 6505 clears the 1k mark easy.

well then

.....wait, so with 800 you said you could buy a esp mh-1000 and that is like 200$ more than a peavey 6505 1x12 combo...am i missing something?
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
If the vypyr is the small peavey combo I tried in gc once, I see the mayhem dist. appeal for yr type of tunes but plan on trading it in cuz u can do significantly better in the same range or w anthr 150 us$. I doubt the mh1000 buys u much more than what u have in the ltd so I think a more organic amp wd give u clean tones u love which I doubt u have now. unless yr new ax has a whammy or extra string, or mjr diff like that, . .. Well, u tried it, did the mh really add much to what u have in the ltd? Cuz to get most dramatic bangfrbuck, I'd say diff amp, next I'd say, if u have emgs, then get seym d blackouts or ,for passive, sh6 distortion, or smthing ceramic, altho I always lean sdunc for folks who want a clean tone. Schecters aren't just gorgeous, they have articulate high end, great for clean, sturdy necks. I'm kinda ramblin, but u don't have to spend much to get so much more than u have now. Really reconsider upgrading the amp, it's question of ecstasy.and shop for diff pickup to go along w what u got, that's the biggest diff. Happy bday!!
Quote by jimihendrix6699
well then

.....wait, so with 800 you said you could buy a esp mh-1000 and that is like 200$ more than a peavey 6505 1x12 combo...am i missing something?

http://www.allansmusic.com.au/prodcat/Guitar_Amps_and_Effects/brand/Peavey.aspx

costs too much as you can see.

and at user above: i wont be gigging at all, so id rather get a new guitar instead, im satisfied with the peavey for the moment
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
Hahah, why does everybody hate BC Rich? My Warbeast NJ play just as well as any other guitar I've tried out? Though, I will admit, I've never tried out any of the lower end BCR stuff, so I can't speak for it.

-Stormy
Christian Conservative.
Quote by effyeahjade
i outta play my bass through a tenor violin and fireball your house

BC Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe
Peavey Ultra 2x12
Peavey 5150 cab with Celestions.