I'm concidering the ENGL Blackmore and the ENGL Powerball II. The Blackmore is great, but from what I hear, the Powerball II is better. Also, the Powerball II costs 400 euros more . Wich one should I buy? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Btw, I'm going to get a Framus 2x12" cabinet, and I play mostly Heavy Metal (but not the heaviest of the heaviest metal: I play stuff like Metallica and Iron Maiden etc.).

And I dó want to get an ENGL Tube Head, so please, no reactions like 'but the marshall/peavey etc. is much better bla bla bla'.

Thank you
I don't think you'll get Marshall/Peavey is much better blah blah because frankly they aren't. People only say that if you want to get a Spider

Personally i'd take the Blackmore but a Fireball 60 is the smart choice actually
Honestly, ENGLs aren't voiced right if you want to nail your fave Maiden or 'tallica tones.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^Spot on.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Honestly, ENGLs aren't voiced right if you want to nail your fave Maiden or 'tallica tones.

Blackmore gets very very close. The amp is like Engl's way of showing Marshall how they should be doing their job.

TS, I have not played the PB2 yet, but if the PB1 is anything to go by, it will be too modern sounding for you. The PB is designed as a modern metal amp with a couple bells and whistles to make it a little more versatile.

The Blackmore does more classic metal tones better. The only thing I'd recommend over the Blackmore for you (when talking about Engls, anyway) would be the Savage, but only because it has more features (four channels, seperate EQs) and gets more agressive if need be. But it's twice the money nearly and judging from the styles you mentioned in your last thread on the matter, there isn't much of an improvement in sound quality for what you are doing when taking a Savage over a Blackmore.
The fireball really only has 2 sounds. Extremely brutal and as clean as possible. I'm still not sure if any of the knobs do anything.
/rig
The best ENGL tube head is the SE, which is unfortunately way out of your range. For what you want to do, though, I'd definitely go for the Blackmore over the Powerball. Every reason why was previously answered by Quailman.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Either a Blackmore or Screamer imo. They're pretty British Voiced with more than enough gain.

I'm also running my Screamer through a Framus CS212 and get great results.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by silly hats at Aug 17, 2010,
Quote by TheQuailman
^Spot on.

Blackmore gets very very close. The amp is like Engl's way of showing Marshall how they should be doing their job.

TS, I have not played the PB2 yet, but if the PB1 is anything to go by, it will be too modern sounding for you. The PB is designed as a modern metal amp with a couple bells and whistles to make it a little more versatile.

The Blackmore does more classic metal tones better. The only thing I'd recommend over the Blackmore for you (when talking about Engls, anyway) would be the Savage, but only because it has more features (four channels, seperate EQs) and gets more agressive if need be. But it's twice the money nearly and judging from the styles you mentioned in your last thread on the matter, there isn't much of an improvement in sound quality for what you are doing when taking a Savage over a Blackmore.

+1 (i haven't tried the powerball II yet either; i also haven't tried the savage but i have a savage se so i'm going by that, if anything the savage se might be closer to the blackmore).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The ENGL SE and the Invaders are the two best amps I think ENGL has to offer.

The SE frankly has almost everything imaginable.

The Invader just sounds godly, especially with a boost.

However, between the two amps you were talking, the Blackmore might be voiced better for what you want to get. Quailman, as usual, was spot on (+11).

But personally, I'd prefer the Powerball II. I have a Powerball now, but have tried the Powerball II, and the II is in fact better, especially with all of the new added controls.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6