Does the Speakers affect the volume of an amp??

Say that if I had a Blackstar HT5 combo & a Blackstar HT5 head with a 4x12 cab.

Would they be the same volume??
Guitars
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Vintage V99CS
Eastwood Acoustic

Amps and Pedals
Blackstar HT-5R Stack
Digitech Bad Monkey
Korg PitchBlack

It depends on the efficiency of the speakers. A 4x12 wouldn't be significantly louder, with the same speakers.
Does the fact that there are 4 speakers rather than 1 make it loader??
Guitars
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Vintage V99CS
Eastwood Acoustic

Amps and Pedals
Blackstar HT-5R Stack
Digitech Bad Monkey
Korg PitchBlack

A 4x12 will feel much louder than the combo, simply because 4 12" speakers push more air than one 10" speaker, as well as the fact that it takes up more room. The 4x12 will have more bass and overall 'oomph' than the combo, and it will sound louder, but by how much is determined by a number of factors that I'm too lazy to go into right now. The 412 + Blackstar will be able to drown out the combo.

That said, the Blackstar + a 412 is still not necessarily loud enough to practice with a full band, and may still have trouble cutting through a mix because of the low wattage.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
This has been debated loads around here, and though a lot of people say 'oh there's barely any difference', there really is. Going from a 1x12 to a 4x12 loaded with the same speakers feels significantly louder, some of it is probably psychoacoustics (loads more air being pushed) b ut there is a difference.
That doesn't mean you need a 4x12 to sound loud, which is a classic n00b mistake.

Speaker efficiency is massively overlooked, and can literally double the volume of your amp in extreme cases.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!