So, basically I want to get myself a decent, not too pricey guitar for gigs.

Doesnt have to be terribly solid, because I'm a fan of doing my own repairs.

What I want is a nice light guitar, something a little different would be nice too.

I'm completely open to any suggestions so just go crazy, but below of roughly $1000 Australian would be perfectly (preferably below) And to the aussie's, I know most stuff under that isn't very good at all, but I'm not fussed, so long as it goes, itll be fine. I'm more of a fuzz fiend than a tone hound
Fender american deluxe telecaster, it's an awesome workhorse
Yeah, looked at that, but that does skip one of my criteria, in that it isnt a terribly 'different' guitar.
Jag, Jazzmaster, Stang?

Or maybe some Mosrite copy, or check out the market for older Japanese guitars if you want something completely different.
What guitars do you like playing? What necks are you comfortable with?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by 601210
Jag, Jazzmaster, Stang?

Or maybe some Mosrite copy, or check out the market for older Japanese guitars if you want something completely different.

I've looked at squier versions of some of those, but the real deal is a fair whack outta my price ranged.

But those are the style I'm looking at. Not so much some crazy pointy metal guitar, a more fender-esque idea, in terms of the neck and set up.
Are the Classic Player series guitars out of your price ranger? Those are amazing, and you have a jaguar and a jazzmaster, plus some "normal" guitars to choose from.
If you like doing your own repairs, why not just make your own?
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
LP studio faded
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by Ook
I've looked at squier versions of some of those, but the real deal is a fair whack outta my price ranged.

But those are the style I'm looking at. Not so much some crazy pointy metal guitar, a more fender-esque idea, in terms of the neck and set up.

Check out the secondhand MIJs and MIMs? A secondhand Mustang can go for around 400-500 US, MIJ Jags around 800.
@PRSfanatic

Just had a look at the Classic Player series then, looking pretty good, kinda at the highest end of my range RRP wise, but I'll look around for a bargain.

And by repairs I just meant the kinda work that needs to be done with some cheaper brand guitars to improve their playability and the like, I dont have the time or rescources to build my own guitar Speckled_Hen

I did just come across the Classic Vibe Duo sonic, by squier, but I can't seem to find anywhere that stocks it, so that I can give it a proper test.
Parkers. Super light, not something you see every day either.
ESP LTD EC-401 White - EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG420CM

Blackstar HT-5

Artec Classic Fuzztown
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff