Dear UG,

I have a LTD KH-Ouija (Kirk Hammett signature) for a year now and it's been working fine, but in the recent weeks, I notice large hum when I plug it in and don't play any note, the hum is remarkably louder when switching to the bridge pickup. At first, I thought it was my cable that screws up but I change to another cable but the problem persist. This guitar is equipped with EMG 60 in the neck and EMG 81 in the bridge. Can you guys help identify this problem ? Is it my input jack or anything else ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
It could be the jack plug on the cable. Have you tried a different cable?
Another likely cause is the internal earth line to the bridge. That normally goes to the back of a pot so you should check that it is firmly soldered on. Or, it could possibly have come adrift at the bridge end. That's a bit harder to check so exclude the other possibilities first. If none of those things cure it, I'd say it could well be time to take it to a tech to discover the problem.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Sorry, i thought this is the correct place for this. Anyway, I might add that even if I touch my strings, the hum wont go down so I don't know whether this is grounding problem or not.
Quote by flyingblade
Sorry, i thought this is the correct place for this. Anyway, I might add that even if I touch my strings, the hum wont go down so I don't know whether this is grounding problem or not.

Touch the metallic sides of the hole where the input jack is
Do you get the hum when you turn the gain down on the amp? Some amps are just real noisy on a high gain setting.