I've currently got a Marshall Valvestate V100 head with VS 4x12 cab, and I play a Jackson RR3 Rhoads with it, but I just don't think my amp sounds metal enough.

I used to more of a classic/hard rock fan, but now that I'm more into old school metal like especially Megadeth, the amps overdrive seems a bit weak. I was playing a little Roland amp earlier today with my Jackson rhoads and I thought the Roland seemed a lot better in terms of sounding metal.

I'm been thinking about selling the Valvestate and jumping on the modelling amp bandwagon and just getting a second had AD series Vox Valvetronix. My friend has the newer VT series 30 watt one, and it sounds awesome, but I;m told both series are practically the same except the Vt series has more effects.

I really would prefer not to have to sell the Marshall for the sound I want though...could I use some sort of distortion pedal in front of it to give myself a boost? If youd like to reccomend me one that will give me the hi gain metal sound I'm looking for that would be much appreciated.

so reccomend me an amp, pedal, something else...anything that will help really...and lets keep this within the region of £200 if its an amp, definitely keep under £70 if it's a pedal, cause I wont be selling the marshall to get money for it like that.
For boosting i'd suggest an SD-1 or a Zakk wylde Overdrive, heck even an ibanez ts-9 worked for me and I am a damn big megadeth fan.

Oh but my favourite is the MXR micro amp, check that out
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Last edited by adj209 at Aug 17, 2010,
I was talking to some friends today, one of them reccomended I get an Electroharmonix Metal muff, What do we think to that?

I'm still looking at all the pedals and effects I've been reccomended on this thread and elsewhere but would be nice to have an opinion of the Electroharmonix Metal Muff?

Thanks
Quote by kerkhammet
I was talking to some friends today, one of them reccomended I get an Electroharmonix Metal muff, What do we think to that?

I'm still looking at all the pedals and effects I've been reccomended on this thread and elsewhere but would be nice to have an opinion of the Electroharmonix Metal Muff?

Thanks

I love the metal muff. It has loads of power.