View poll results: trade?
definately
5 56%
meh why not
3 33%
negative
1 11%
Voters: 9.
I need a little advice. I recently found a 1956 Kay K1 archtop in the trash. I'm thinkin of restoring it and installing some electronics, but I was offered a Gretsch pro jet for the Kay. Well I'm at a loss.. I like both guitars and was thinking of going through with the trade. Is this wise?
if it needs restoring and the gretsch doesn't then i'd take the swap all day long. if you have to work on it then somehow break it it's worthless but if you can get a perfectly fine GOOD gutiar out of it i would snatch their hand off... and what trash are you going through to find such a guitar??? i want to do it!! lol
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
to me a gretsch will have more value than a kay, a better history i guess i would say.
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't the Pro Jets the lower line of Gretsch's? If that's the case, I wouldn't do it.
Quote by Ace88
Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.
Quote by voteforpedro36
Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't the Pro Jets the lower line of Gretsch's? If that's the case, I wouldn't do it.

are they?... i didn't know that. i agree with this statement, if they are then don't do it, restore the archtop. but i don't know about that, because the pro-jets run for about $500.00, usually lower end stuff goes for $120.00 unless gretsch is different
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
If its a real Kay not one of the new reissued ones keep it thse are sweet guitars
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Find out some more info about the Kay, take it into a shop see if they know anything. or research online.

All i know is the Pro Jet is a sweet guitar.