Right now I have a Roland Micro Cube, but I really want to get a marshall. I play classic rock, hard rock like Ac/Dc, Dio, Ozzy and Iron Maiden and stuff like that. I was thinking about getting the Marshall Mg15fxms Micro stack, but I'm not sure. My budget is probably $400 but I will go over if I'm positive it's worth it. Don't try to talk me out of a marshall though cause thats what i'm going to get.
Quote by angusyoung12345
Don't try to talk me out of a marshall though cause thats what i'm going to get.

I'm not going to talk you out of it, but can I just ask why you are so set on getting a Marshall?
Well I'm not going to talk you out of buying a marshall (though it is good to look around) I will talk you out of the MG series of amps. For $400 you can get a Marshall Class 5 amp.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Quote by mishax92
I'm not going to talk you out of it, but can I just ask why you are so set on getting a Marshall?

a good question
peavey, vox, and bugara all make excellent classic rock amps.

look at the bugara v22 or v55. Not going to get any more classic rock-y for your price.

you also might look at the ibanez TSA.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
nevermind that... why a MG?

i've got an MG(15DFX) and i'd reccomend anyone to stay away! lol

[though tbh some sounds are pretty decent, cleans are horrific though.]
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Just because I want a classic rock sound and Marshalls sound like what I'm looking for. I could be wrong though.
There are other companies that can give the same Marshall vibe. I know my Blackstar HT-5 does. Oh, and don't get an MG. The Class 5 would be a far better choice.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by angusyoung12345
Just because I want a classic rock sound and Marshalls sound like what I'm looking for. I could be wrong though.

the MG doesn't sound like the marshalls you are thinking of though.

you are severely limiting yourself by only looking at one brand.

if you are just playing at home? marshall class 5, blackstar ht5, egnater tweaker, used peavey classic 30, Palomino V16 all have the british voicing you are looking for. you could easily play out with the last three i listed.
i made the same mistake when i started playing. i bought a Marshall MG50 for my second amp because i wanted a marshall so i could sound like Slash and Van Halen, and i was blown away that i could get a "real" marshall for just 400 bucks. trust me, MGs are not "real" marshalls.

Check out some Bugeras, and the Egnater Tweaker
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Quote by gregs1020
the MG doesn't sound like the marshalls you are thinking of though.

you are severely limiting yourself by only looking at one brand.

if you are just playing at home? marshall class 5, blackstar ht5, egnater tweaker, used peavey classic 30, Palomino V16 all have the british voicing you are looking for. you could easily play out with the last three i listed.

+1 to everything said here.

Don't get defensive about this... But the MG is not a 'Marshall.' By that I mean that all the things you are associating with Marshall that make you want to get one are absent from that model. Its just their practice amp, plain and simple. If you want 'the Marshall sound' you have a lot of options other than Marshall. If you do just want a Marshall though, that's fine, just don't get an MG.

Just to be clear, I've personally owned 2 and over the years I've used probably 6 MGs. I'm not saying this for any reason other than the fact that its true.

Edit: For reference; even top artists today who want 'the Marshall sound' don't always get Marshalls. There are tons of company out there that do 'Marshall' better than Marshall.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Aug 17, 2010,
thanks a lot. you talked me out of a marshall im looking at some other amps. ill stop into guitar center and try some out.
The amp that you already have is better than the MG.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.