hey, ive got a relatively new MH-100QM and wanna ask if it has anything bad or something, like suckish pickups... ty for help in advance!!

here are its features:
Bolt-On
25.5” Scale
Basswood Body
Quilted Maple Top
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
Locking Nut
42mm Neck Width
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
ESP Tuners
Floyd Rose Special Bridge
ESP LH-150 (B&N) p.u.
ESP/LTD MH-100QM See-Thru Blue
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Yeah, it does have sucky pickups.

And I suspect something with the Floyd. Any guitar/part with the word 'special' in it, is just as good as retarded.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Bolt-On - The better ESPs usually have set necks
Basswood Body - Again, higher end ESPs usually use something like mahoghany or alder
Floyd Rose Special Bridge - Is probably a really shoddy copy of an OFR, as my Licensed Floyd on my Jackson wasn't as good as the original either
ESP LH-150 (B&N) p.u. - Cheap pickups made by ESP to put in lower end models. Also why would it have two of the same pickup?

That's basically it. The hardware/construction/wood is probably of a lower quality too, but of course that's to be expected with a beginner guitar. At least it's nicer than my first guitar.
I actually have a guitar of the exact same series. My MH-100 QM sounded louds better with a pickup change. After about an hour or two of futzing with the FR, i have it well set up, and it rarely, if ever goes out of tune. And mine's an 07 model. However, I'm probably going to get the nut changed, since it's not doing too hot lately
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by simpleben09
sounded louds better with a pickup change.

mm i dont know much about pickups, what type of pickups you bought that fits it?

Quote by simpleben09
it rarely, if ever goes out of tune.

thats what floydie is made for as far as i know

another question: should i loosen those little pickup magnets (those under each string, dunno the names) to get a better hi-gain metalcore sound?
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Last edited by daverockz at Aug 17, 2010,
Loosening the pole pieces won't do much, if anything for the tone. If you want a better metalcore tone, then the first change is your amp. Given that it is a beginner solid state, a pickup change won't see much benefit to you. Once a decent amp is there (for metalcore something like a Peavey 6505+ or the Bugera 6262 which is based on the 6505+ would be well suited) then you can start thinking about a high output pickup or perhaps going active, although I prefer the tone from a good passive.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by Hidden Hippo
Loosening the pole pieces won't do much, if anything for the tone. If you want a better metalcore tone, then the first change is your amp. Given that it is a beginner solid state, a pickup change won't see much benefit to you. Once a decent amp is there (for metalcore something like a Peavey 6505+ or the Bugera 6262 which is based on the 6505+ would be well suited) then you can start thinking about a high output pickup or perhaps going active, although I prefer the tone from a good passive.

nah my sound is not bad, didnt ask cause it sucks just always wanna get better

im considering a roland cube amp (that little shit with a lot of effects), that must be good, can run from a 9V battery and has accoustic effect, reverb, delay and all lol. does it suck? (guess i do its too cheap)
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Bolt-on construction - it is NOT inferior to other methods of constructon as long as the body and neck fit tight and there's no paint in the pocket. It give a great wood/wood connection when done properly. A set neck gives a wood/glue/wood connection.

Basswood - Again, nothing at all wrong with basswood. Ibanez JEM's are basswood, for example. It's a very good tonewood, just not a very pretty grain so it's best to paint it.

Floyd Rose Special - Prob the best 'floyd' under $100. It's an OFR except with Zinc saddles and Block......both of which can be upgraded down the line. The baseplate/posts (the parts that matter most) are hardened steel just like an OFR. Floyd, himself, is associated with this trem.....it's not a 'licensed' model.

As for the pickups, I have no idea. Never played a guitar with them. With that said, you need to judge them yourself. If they sound good to you, that's all that matters.
rocking for almost two years, been playing only this amp, i cant compare. i like this sound now, but i am 100% sure it can always be better. for me, better means higher output with killer harmonics and the old dropped tuning sound. i just freaking love the decent metalcore riffs
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal