Samsung Intensity
3 13%
Samsung Reality
5 22%
Other
11 48%
Voters: 23.
This is the situation Pit:

I currently own a LG Voyager. Not too long ago, one of the hinges broke so the two parts of the phone are barely held together. I've also been annoyed with the touch screen (unlocking, opening things, etc.). I've been looking into replacements, but due to Verizon's new 'thing' of requiring a monthly data fee, my options are limited. I've looked into the LG Cosmos, Samsung Intensity, and the Samsung Reality (which requires a $10/month fee, but it's the cheapest data plan they have). Both the Cosmos and Intensity have mixed reviews, the Reality seems to have good reviews. The key thing I want is the full QWERTY keyboard, and I like the slide-out keyboard compared to my current flip keyboard. However, if I get either the Cosmos or Intensity, it seems like I'll be downgrading from what I have. So I turn to the Pit, hoping some of you have used some of these products or have some helpful info that will make my decision easier. Should I repair my current phone, use my renewal to get a Cosmos or Intensity for basically free, or deal with the monthly data fee and get the Reality? (the phone should be covered by my renewal as well)

[If you have a better suggestion, feel free to say something, so long as it's actually helpful - not "Verizon SUCKS" or "DOOD MY PHONE IS TEH AWESOME, THOSE SUX!" I know how the Pit can be.]

Links to each phone:

LG Cosmos
Samsung Intensity
Samsung Reality

Let me know if there are issues with the links, sometimes the Verizon website can be "special."

Edit:
I'll repeat this for the people that miss it: I'm trying to AVOID any phone that requires an expensive data plan (which is basically any smartphone).
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Last edited by xMetalGodx at Aug 17, 2010,
I have a reality, and its a great phone, however, make sure you get a good case or holster for it. I usually just throw it in my pocket, and it gets dinged up pretty easily. Its a good overall phone, just the front screen is extremely susceptible to nicks and scratches
"Just because you are a character, does not mean that you have character"
-Pulp Fiction
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro.

Aw yeaah.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Get a Nokia 3310, It's everything you could ever want.

This.

If you don't like it that much I would also consider looking at the 3210.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Nokia E72
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
well i live in canada and i bought a iphone not too long ago since my ipod broke and my phone was a pos, it seemed like a good idea, which it was. The fact that i only pay 10 bucks more a month than the massive plastic thing that can't do anything very well was pretty surprising, though i'm on a contract with it. I think i paid 250 for the phone and it's 60 bucks a month, and considering i was going to have to buy a new ipod anyways i think it was a good deal, there pretty wicked phones
Quote by Eruption1991
This.

If you don't like it that much I would also consider looking at the 3210.

Unfortunately, neither one of those phones are available through Verizon (or at least it's not listed on their site).

Quote by Jmoarguitar
well i live in canada and i bought a iphone not too long ago since my ipod broke and my phone was a pos, it seemed like a good idea, which it was. The fact that i only pay 10 bucks more a month than the massive plastic thing that can't do anything very well was pretty surprising, though i'm on a contract with it. I think i paid 250 for the phone and it's 60 bucks a month, and considering i was going to have to buy a new ipod anyways i think it was a good deal, there pretty wicked phones

Not quite sure what you're trying to say, but anything that includes the iPhone isn't happening. For one, Verizon won't have the option of the iPhone until January (from what I've heard). Not to mention they're expensive and I don't want to pay for an expensive data plan.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Last edited by xMetalGodx at Aug 17, 2010,
Beh, it's just your phone.

Personally I'd just assume shitcan the cellphone as the single worst invention since the hydrogen bomb.

At least the H-Bomb brought people together. (in bunkers and such)
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I have the samsung reality. Just got it last week. The price is low, build is solid, and has an awesome screen.

It's hands down the Reality out of that selection. That's one of the most successful phones out right now that isn't a droid.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Beh, it's just your phone.

Personally I'd just assume shitcan the cellphone as the single worst invention since the hydrogen bomb.

At least the H-Bomb brought people together. (in bunkers and such)

As annoying as they can be, I rely on my cell a lot. It's my only source for calling when at college and I text a lot (I usually wake up to 2-3 texts and it just goes from there). So I put importance on finding a good phone.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
Get a Droid
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by xMetalGodx
Unfortunately, neither one of those phones are available through Verizon (or at least it's not listed on their site).

Not quite sure what you're trying to say, but anything that includes the iPhone isn't happening. For one, Verizon won't have the option of the iPhone until January (from what I've heard). Not to mention they're expensive and I don't want to pay for an expensive data plan.

Anyway, I don't see how you possibly can downgrade from a Voyager. I have one, and it's absolutely terrible. I'd recommend the Droid X, but you don't want to pay for the expensive data plan. Out of those, I'd get the Reality. I'll never buy another LG phone again. Every one I've used has been garbage.
Go with a smartphone with Android.
You won't regret it.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Quote by TheChaz

Anyway, I don't see how you possibly can downgrade from a Voyager. I have one, and it's absolutely terrible. I'd recommend the Droid X, but you don't want to pay for the expensive data plan. Out of those, I'd get the Reality. I'll never buy another LG phone again. Every one I've used has been garbage.

Not sure what's so funny

but the Voyager is starting to get annoying. It would be nice to get a Droid but I can't afford $30/month for a data plan. $10/month for the Reality is pushing it, but it's the lesser of two evils.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
My voyager did the same thing.

I got an Env3 instead.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

my cosmos rocks. the only thing I don't like about it is that the vibrate is pretty weak. I have to turn on my ringer if I'm expecting a call.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Get a Nokia 3310, It's everything you could ever want.

I used a Nokia 1100 up until a few months ago and I.m actually missing it. Free incoming texts and it was built like a brick.
I pride myself on my humility.
I'm not sure what I have (and my phone is ATT, so I don't know if it's even an option) but I don't have to pay a data plan. I think it's the recent upgrade of the Samsung Blackjack. It's chrome, and is basically a blackjack except the keyboard slides in and out. It's worth looking into if you can get it at all.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by lordofthefood1
my cosmos rocks. the only thing I don't like about it is that the vibrate is pretty weak. I have to turn on my ringer if I'm expecting a call.

How long have you had it?
Any issues with buttons not working/falling off? (or other issues you've encountered so far)
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
Quote by xMetalGodx
How long have you had it?
Any issues with buttons not working/falling off? (or other issues you've encountered so far)

I've only had it for a month or so though. I can tell some of the buttons are kinda loosely connected, but I'm not a super hard texter. If you get the really inclusive warranty, it would be covered. the thing is, with the price of that warranty, you could just get a data plan and get a bit better of a phone.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Lg Ally!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
I have a voyager, and its decent. i say get a new one tho, because its getting outdated.