Hey

So I have a rather old Boss FV300L Boss volume Pedal.
However it does the job for me.
It has 2 ins and outs and a tuner out.

Now currently the tuner out is only linked to input 1.
I would like to use the volume with both my electric and acoustic guitar.
i.e plug electric into input 1 and output 1 to rest of effects.
Plug acoustic in to input 2 and then into rest of effects
but be able to the volume pedal with both and tune both too.

I;ve had a look inside, see attached photo. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1

The far left jack is the tuner to which I attach my TU2.

On first look I thought it would simply be a case of jumping the output of input 2 (6th central pin from the left) to the tuner. But of course this means it is also connected to output 1 so defeats the whole purpose!

I was trying to think of another solution potentially involving diodes to make input 2 go to the tuner but not output 1 but this ends up blocking input 1 too.

Currently Im at a loss of idea other than to install a spdt switch with tuner out on the central and switchin between two inputs.

If anyone has an easy solution I'd much appreciate it!!
Attachments:
bos volume inards.jpg
Last edited by symanoy at Aug 17, 2010,
you do realize that by using a low impedance volume pedal it will suck tone out of your guitar? i have one of these that i use in an fx loop and i tried it before the amp and my guitar actually lost some volume
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
really? how comes?
I dont really notice any difference to be honest, does the job just fine!
Ok, I have an idea not quite sure if it will work or not!
So cut the track between tuner out and input 1 and link it wide a diode going towards the tuner.
So input one can go to tuner but not back.
Then connect input 2 to the tuner aswell.
Hence it connects to tuner out but not output 1.
Is this feasible??
Quote by symanoy
really? how comes?
I dont really notice any difference to be honest, does the job just fine!

well, i don't understand the science, but for me, that's what happened. try A/B ing it, see if you notice. you might only notice on a high gain channel, but see if it makes any difference. if it doesn't, cool w/e. if it does, and you don't mind, cool w/e
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
ok, yes please a link would be very helpful!! I don't quite see why but would be nice to know!
What about using a switch to switch the tuner to each input jack? Seems like a simple solution. It could be a push button to tap with your foot or you could possibly use a on-off-on toggle and in the off position would take the tuner out of your signal.
Yeah im beginning to consider the switch option would just give more options and better tone apparently too!!
Wouldn't be difficult either!