Hi amigos,

I would like an amp (yes, the eternal "suggest and amp" thread) so I hope some of you here can help me out.

I will name a few bands whose sound I would like emulate, my purposes with the amp and also my price range and the other equipment I have.

Goes as follow;

Bands:
Megadeth, Metallica, Volbeat, Alice in Chains, Black Sabbath, Slash´s Snakepit aaaaand Led Zep.

So, mainly Heavy Metal. Probably the best song to tell you what I am looking for is Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza by Volbeat, or Train of Consequences by Megadeth.

I want to play gigs, and also play at a modest volume at home (I live outside the Town so it is actually not that big a problem). The gigs will be local, guess between 10 and 100 people... Although, it should not be impossible to play for, lets say, a 1000 people.

I play rhythm and lead, being the only guitarrist in the band. And that is gonna stay like that for some time. I can not decide which I would like the most, but I would not know what to do if I couldnt play the lead guitar, so I guess that is my main objective....

I would go as far as 1000-1200€ (800 pounds?)

And I have a Gibson SG Standard and I am currently using a Floor Pod Plus. I would not be running the Floor Pod through the amp, I would by independent pedals and sell the pod.

I have been looking at a Cornford Roadhouse 30 head and thats is the one I think would suit me just fine, but still, I want your advices ;D
Last edited by Tim the Rocker at Aug 17, 2010,
Are you in the UK
FWIW, You would get more replies with a more informative title
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
id say your looking for a jcm 800 type amp but u might want to check out the splawn quick rod as it is a beast and has amazing tone
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by selkies
id say your looking for a jcm 800 type amp but u might want to check out the splawn quick rod as it is a beast and has amazing tone

I tried a JCM800 but... It felt insufficient. Like, buying the name, you know. I guess with a good boost pedal it could do, but I rather have the amp giving me all I need, and the pedals only being chorus and delay.
then u shuld definatly check out the splawn quick rod or pro mod for more modern sound with kt88's they much more gain on tap than a 800 it has gears wich go from sorda marshal variants first being a modded plexi second being a modded 800 and 3 being like a super cracked out 800 on speed i got the nitro and i love it
http://splawnguitars.com/amps08.htm and you tube some clips
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Last edited by selkies at Aug 17, 2010,