Hey everyone,

I'm going to the US for vacation tomorrow and I need to work on my tan. I'm going to be in california for 2 and a half weeks so I think I can make some progress. The only parts of my body that are remotely tanned are my face/neck and my arms. Other than that I'm sporting a ghastly white. I never did tan well, but it's possible as I can tell by my arms for example. I need some tips on what to look out for...for example what would be the best time to go out into the sun? How long do I stay there? My chest and back would probably burn up much faster than my legs for example cause they are very white. Seriously no tan at all there. What do I do before and after tanning?
I don't want to go to a tanning parlour or use tanning lotion or whatever the heck that stuff is.

Cheers,
HuckIt
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Go to the Jersey Shore.

I hear they're experts on looking like a carrot.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

watch out when in water you'll burn very quickly and stay out of it during noon,

what i did when working outside was,
use some anti burn lotion before and an after sun lotion after, also ask someone to get the stuff on your back, else you'll look like some kind of japanese koi fish
that's all i can come up with
Just don't worry about it. You're there for two and a half weeks, it's not as if you're in a rush. Just go about doing your daily business and you'll tan quickly anyway. I guarantee you'll have some sort of formidable tan after about 5 or so days. What you should really be worrying about is to stop yourself from burning, and dehydrating. Sun stroke IS NOT fun.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Last edited by fleajr_1412 at Aug 17, 2010,
Just put on some sunscreen and stay out for a while, making sure you let the sun hit all parts of you. Then take a break and get inside before you feel like you're burning at all, reapply lotion, check to see if you're burned at all, then go back out for a bit. You have plenty of time so don't worry.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
You'll need some hair gel to complete the look
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
^ gtl baby.

if you're as white as I am, you'll probably end up burning yourself the first couple times no matter what hahaha

just roll with it for a bit, eventually your skin will adjust to the sun, and you can actually start to get some colour. and yeah, don't overdue it either. your first few times should be nice and short.
has a terrible signature.
Is this a parody of the butterfly knife thread or something?
When did the pit suddenly want to start looking like a Warrior?
Quote by GaijinFoot
Is this a parody of the butterfly knife thread or something?
When did the pit suddenly want to start looking like a Warrior?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Can I still tan even if I use sunscreen with a high SPF?
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
What's with all the anti-tan?

No one wants to look orange, but actually looking healthy instead of pale white from never going outside isn't a bad thing.
Quote by CGunn73

No one wants to look orange, but actually looking healthy instead of pale white from never going outside isn't a bad thing.

My question is what's with everyone thinking having/maintaining a tan is healthy? It isn't.
MATTERHORN
Quote by CGunn73

This is very true.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by Doctor Matthews
My question is what's with everyone thinking having/maintaining a tan is healthy? It isn't.

It gives the illusion of a healthy lifestyle. If you were actually outside working for your food and crap, you'd have a tan. Being transparent just tells everyone that you sit in the dark all day on the computer or watching tv all day or whatever.
Quote by CGunn73
It gives the illusion of a healthy lifestyle. If you were actually outside working for your food and crap, you'd have a tan. Being transparent just tells everyone that you sit in the dark all day on the computer or watching tv all day or whatever.

What's wrong with a TV tan?
Quote by CGunn73

Ironically, people who work outside have low-paying labour jobs. The real earners work indoors, on a computer.
Quote by CGunn73
Being transparent just tells everyone that you sit in the dark all day on the computer or watching tv all day or whatever.

Or it could mean that they actually protect their skin from the sun.
MATTERHORN
Quote by GaijinFoot
Ironically, people who work outside have low-paying labour jobs. The real earners work indoors, on a computer.

I didn't say they made more money, just that they're more likely to be healthy.

Or at least LOOK like they might be healthy.
Quote by CGunn73

No, it tells people that you have a different skin complexion. Deliberate tans are for shallow morons. Enjoy skin cancer.
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Or it could mean that they actually protect their skin from the sun.

No matter how much sunscreen you use, you still get a tan if you're out in the sun. Een with full cloud cover, you can still tan.

EDIT: @ guy above me, if you're from Europe or whatever, hopefully you know not to go out and get burned. TS said his arms get tan just from day to day activity. There's nothing wrong with the rest of him getting tan too.

Everyone in here acts like going out in the sun without an umbrella and some SPF 50 means instant death.
Last edited by CGunn73 at Aug 17, 2010,
Tan is sexy.

(Not a sunburn/ overly tanned tan or a fake spray tan)
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by CGunn73
No matter how much sunscreen you use, you still get a tan if you're out in the sun. Een with full cloud cover, you can still tan.

This:
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Enjoy skin cancer.

Also, melanoma.
MATTERHORN
It may not look the greatest, but it's probably best to not bake the hell out of your skin.
Stop worrying about what other people think of you!!!!

Seriously, you're someday going to wither into a disgusting, flabby old bastard anyway.

If people have a problem with that, then it's their problem.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."