Sup,
basically i've suscribed to jamplay and i've finished their beginner lesson set to re-enforce what i've learnt. But now that i've finished it i don't know where to go from there, of course i'll do genre learning but which would be most beneficial; Rock, Classic Rock, Blues or jazz
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Depends on what appeals to you. I would do them all, if possible, that way you could gain insight on all of the genres that interest you, and learn tricks from different perspectives.
Quote by X V I I
Depends on what appeals to you. I would do them all, if possible, that way you could gain insight on all of the genres that interest you, and learn tricks from different perspectives.

Actually yeah all those genres interest me, i want to do them all. I'm actually really indecisive at the moment because all those genres really do appeal to me equally.

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
In that case, I would suggest going with the blues first. Reason being, blues has a lot of fundamentals that just about anything modern rock or heavier has a basis from which they're derived. =) I would even suggest learning styles that don't particularly interest you necessarily, and you can only benefit from learning other styles and playing techniques.
Awesome, thanks. I'll get straight on it

Move along.

Quote by steve_muse
Quote by X V I I
In that case, I would suggest going with the blues first. Reason being, blues has a lot of fundamentals that just about anything modern rock or heavier has a basis from which they're derived. =) I would even suggest learning styles that don't particularly interest you necessarily, and you can only benefit from learning other styles and playing techniques.
This. Every one of those other genres is pretty much directly derived from blues.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea