Any one have any idea where I could find a replacement neck for my guitar?

and if I were to buy an original floyd to replace the licensed one, would I have to do any additional routing?
Sorry guys, I'm more of a amp person than a guitar guy, so these are probably pretty nooby questions :P

But, thanks for your time

EDIT: oh, and price estimates possibly? D:
Last edited by TheDefected at Aug 17, 2010,
People sell replacement necks all the time on eBay. Same with Floyd Roses.

I've done two LFR -> OFR swaps and I didn't have to change the studs or do additional routing, but your mileage may vary.

Not sure what a neck would cost but I picked up my Floyds for about $90 each.

For what it's worth, depending on how much the neck would be, it might be worth it just to get a new guitar with the neck you want and an OFR.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
People sell replacement necks all the time on eBay. Same with Floyd Roses.

I've done two LFR -> OFR swaps and I didn't have to change the studs or do additional routing, but your mileage may vary.

Not sure what a neck would cost but I picked up my Floyds for about $90 each.

For what it's worth, depending on how much the neck would be, it might be worth it just to get a new guitar with the neck you want and an OFR.

Never even thought of the ebay route. Now I feel kinda dumb.
But honestly, I think that spending three hundred bucks redoing my guitar is better than blowing about four times that for a guitar with about the same playability. I love my jackson :P

And quick question, was the LFR to OFR swap nice? I've never played with an OFR extensively.
I did both swaps more out of necessity. Both guitars were used and their LFRs had rusted screws that just wouldn't come loose no matter what, making string changes impossible.

Even with the LFR stud and LFR locking nut, the OFRs were great. They both stayed in tune very nicely and I never had any issues.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
I did both swaps more out of necessity. Both guitars were used and their LFRs had rusted screws that just wouldn't come loose no matter what, making string changes impossible.

Even with the LFR stud and LFR locking nut, the OFRs were great. They both stayed in tune very nicely and I never had any issues.

Well, seems like a good investment to me, resale value might be a little better with it

Anyways, ebay didnt come up with anything ):
Quote by DrNick
http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/Guitar-/3858/i.html?_nkw=jackson+neck&_catref=1&_dmpt=Guitar_Accessories&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Not sure how flexible Jackson guitars are but with some manufacturers, you can mix and match necks even if they weren't originally made specifically for your guitar.

Oh, I was not aware of that. thank you.

Okay, another thing. Say that the body has a 2-1/4" nut heel, would a neck that has a 2-3/16" fit? I mean, it's just a tiny bit smaller, would it make that much of a difference?
Last edited by TheDefected at Aug 17, 2010,