This is my first post of this section,I don't really see myself as a singer besides some basic lessons,usually backing vocals and a few songs I can sing properly.
I have a big concert on Friday and I will have to sing in there myself.I rehearse the songs,I can sing them in range and in a proper tone but my throat gets uncomfortable and I want to rest it so it won't cause me trouble in the concert.I know not talking is one option but I have many things to do that require talking and most likely,yelling because I have to deal with a crapload of idiots.Also,any suggestions that can make me perform better are really,REALLY welcome.
If you could reason with religious people,there would be no religious people.
But I have to rehearse more..
Quote by silly6-string
Dont sing. try not to talk. eat honey.and tea. dont push your voice.

This.

If you have to rehearse, keep that as the only thing you do to the voice. The honey and tea help as well from what I've been told.
If I do that,will I be ok to sing by Friday?My voice is a beat weaker and I will not speak or sing unless I rehearse and do that honey and tea stuff and pretty much anything I have to,but I gotta know if I will be set to perform in time.
It doesn't get uncomfortable when I sing,I just had to shout a lot today..tough day,you see.
Guys,my voice kind of closed up ,I think I have faringitis.How the **** do I deal with this?
Quote by silly6-string
Dont sing. try not to talk. eat honey.and tea. dont push your voice.

Especially don't whisper. If you have to talk, talk quietly. Do not whisper, though.

And DON'T REHEARSE!

Also, drink tons of water. Set up a humidifier in your room when you sleep.
Quote by merriman44
I don't know about you but during this time of the year the high humidity has a tendency to wreck my voice. Do you wake up with a sore throat ever?

Humidity is good for your voice. Air conditioners and heaters suck humidity out of the air and wreck it.
I smoke grass as often as possible, drink copious amounts of bourbon, get in frequent arguments with the lady, and gig all the time and for some reason the ol' voice never lets me down. I guess I learned to sing from Ray Charles, and he seemed to have it until he died. I can only hope for the same luck.
yah really vocal damage is more likely to happen from shitty technique than anything else
I'm also in the excessive drinking/smoking everything category and I dont really notice a difference as long as I don't scream.